UNIVERSITY COMPUTER CENTRE( ESTD.-1971)
Since 1971, an IBM 1130 computer was commissioned inside the premises of P.G. Department of Physics, marking the establishment of Computer Centre of Utkal University. The above computer was one out of eleven such systems installed in the country at that time. Besides meeting the academic use all over the state, the computing facilities have also been used for nonacademic purposes by the Orissa State Electricity Board, Rourkela Steel Plant, FCI Talcher Heavy Water Project, Talcher and CRESSIDA etc.
ACTIVITIES OF COMPUTER CENTRE :
- Preparation of monthly salary for all the University Employees.
- Preparation of monthly pension of all the pensioners/family pensioners of this University.
- Imparting training to the Teaching and Nonteaching staff of the University.
- To provide assistance to students of different P.G. Departments and sponsored courses for using computers
- Calculation and maintenance of G.P.F. Accounts of the staff of the University.
- To provide computational facilities to the faculty members and Research Scholars of the University.
- Extending the laboratory facilities to the students of different sponsored programme.
- Extending the facility to different recruiters for online examination for campus selection.
- Calculating Income tax of employees of this university.
- Maintaining NKN network across the campus.
- Actively associated with the Library Automation and maintained the library database..
- Maintained the wired and wireless network across the campus.
The Equipements available at the centre are as follows :
- Five Servers
- Forty Desktops
- Two Laptopa
NETWORKING EQUIPEMENTS :
- Two L3 Switchs
- Fifty Eight L2 Switch installed across the campus
- Thirty Wi-Fi indoor and outdoor access point across the campus
- Two Firewalls
- Two Routers
- Line Matrix Printer:- 1 No.
- Laser Printer:- 1 No.
- Xerox cum Printer & Scanner:- 1 No.
- Scanner:- 1 No.
- NAS-1 No. <O-1 No. for backup.
- External HDD:-1 No.
- Overhead Projector:- 1 No.
- Windows 2012 Server
- window 10,8.1&7
- Microsoft Office
- Visual Studio.
- SQL SERVER
Rules for use of Computer Centre:
- Users are not allowed without identity card and necessary permission from Head of the Department and System Manager.
- Users are required to use this Centre only during the time allotted to them.
- They are not allowed beyond the time allotted to them.
- Making disturbances in some form or other inside the Computer Centre is strictly prohibited. Users have to maintain discipline during their stay in the Computer Centre.
- Every user has to sign the Logbook and make necessary entries in space provided.
- Users have to bear with the staff of the Computer Centre during power failure and other such condition.
- The users who disturb others or do not obey the rules shall be debarred from the use of Computer Centre.
Computer Centre remains open from 10 AM to 6 PM on every working days. Second Saturday is a holiday.