Department of Analytical and Applied Economics
The birth of the department of Analytical and Applied Economics took place in the name of Department of Rural Economics and Sociology in the year 1956 with an initial grant from the Ford Foundation. The department started functioning from the Burdwan House located at Cuttack. As Post-Graduate teaching facility in economics was available in Ravenshaw College, Cuttack, it was intended to be developed as a research centre. It also offered training facilities in social science research methodology and prepared candidates for the doctorate degree of the University in Economics and Sociology. In 1960, one year Diploma course in social science research methodology was introduced along with the shift of the University campus from Burdwan House, Cuttack, to the present location at Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar. The Post Graduate teaching in Analytical and Applied Economics was introduced in the department in 1963 for which we proudly celebrated the Golden Jubilee in 2014. Latter on the name was changed to the Department of Analytical and Applied Economics.