PG Commerce Achievements
- In recognition of research activities, UGC has accorded DRS-III status on successful completion of DRS-I & II. Prof. S. Moharana has been nominated as Independent Director of OSFC, Odisha State Civil Supply Corporation, Boyanika. Prof. Ranjan Kumar Bal is the Chairman of Post Graduate Council of Utkal University since June 2015. Prof. J. K. Parida has been elected as the President of Indian Commerce Association.
- Prof. Parida and Dr. P. K. Hota attended International Conference at Kathmandu, Nepal. Prof. Kshiti Bhusan Das and Dr. Anil Kumar Swain attended International seminar at Japan. Prof. Pradyot Keshari Pradhan and Dr. Maheshwar Sahu are serving as the Executive Members of the All India Accounting Association. Dr. Rabindra Kumar Swain has been inducted into the Board of IAA for the session 2014-18.
- Dr. Sabat K. Digal is the SEBI empanelled member of Financial Education programme. Dr. Prabodha Kumar Hota is the Treasurer of Odisha Commerce Association. Prof. R. K. Bal chaired the International Seminar on Accounting Education & Research at Lucknow University and the Technical Session in 12th International Accounting Conference, Kolkata. Prof. P. K. Pradhan was the Sectional Chairman of the International Seminar, 67th All India Commerce Conference and Head of the Jury fopr BBAY Awards, 68thn All India Commerce Conference.
- In continuation to its rich tradition and course curriculum, the Department regularly organizes National and International seminars, symposiums, alumni meet, study tours, panel discussion on an emerging business issues, B-school competitions, etc.
- This year, most of the students have got job offers from national and multinational companies such as Karvy, Asian Heart Institute, A. K. Capital, Capital IQ, HDFC Bank, Writers Corporation, Axis Bank, Tech Mahindra and YES Bank.
- In continuation to its rich tradition and course curriculum, the Department regularly organizes National and International seminars, symposiums, alumni meet, study tours, panel discussion on an emerging business issues, B-school competitions, etc. Besides, every year, alumni are felicitated on the Annual Day Function of M. Com students.
- Our students are not only active but also take forefront in social activities. In continuation to the departmental tradition, they have been cleaning the premises of the department to continue the legacy of Swachch Bharat Abhiyan. They have also undertaken this in Bali Harchandi, a popular Picnic spot. These activities were highly appreciated by the public and media. The teachers and students came together and collected a sum of Rs.70,000 to assist a student suffering from cancer.