Name: Dr. Jyotsnarani Pradhan
Designation: Assistant Professor
Phone No.: +91-9853411916
E-mail ID: jyotsna(dot)biotech(at)utkaluniversity(dot)ac(dot)in jyotsna017(at)gmail(dot)com
- Molecular Biology
- Tissue Engineering
- Redox Biology and therapeutic intervention of
- Bioactive compounds.
- Instrumentations and Techniques
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Genetic Engineering
- Animal Biotechnology
- MPhil Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Topic of MPhil Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
|1||Manisha Hota||2019||Isolation, characterization and screening of bioactive compounds with UV protective and antioxidant potential from Gracilaria verrucosa of Chilika lake (Appeared) |
- PhD Guidance:
|Sl No.||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Registration No||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
1. Protective efficacy of crocetin and its nanoformulation against cyclosporine A-mediated toxicity in human embryonic kidney cells. 2019, Pradhan J, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK, Life Sciences 216; 39–48. 2018-19
2. Curcumin restores hepatic epigenetic changes in propylthiouracil(PTU) induced hypothyroid male rats: A study on DNMTs, MBDs, GADD45a, C/EBP-β and PCNA. 2018, Bunker S.K., Dutta A, Pradhan J, Dandapat J, G.B.N. Chainy, Food and Chemical Toxicology 123;169–180. 2018-19
3. Host plant-derived allelochemicals and metal components are associated with oxidative predominance and antioxidant plasticity in the larval tissues of silkworm, Antheraeamylitta: Further evidence of joint effects hypothesis. 2018, Sahu S, Dutta A, Ray DK, Pradhan J, Dandapat J. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part B 223; 39–49 2018-19
4. Antioxidant and hepatoprotective properties of macroalgaChaetomorphalinum against experimentally induced oxidative stress, 2016, Rautray P, Pradhan J, Samanta L, International Journal of Recent Scientific Research7, 7, 12688-12691. 2016-17
- National Publications:
1. J. Pradhan, S.P. Adhikary and L. Samanta (2010) â??Industrial and therapeutic importance of antioxidants and polysaccharides from seaweeds: the Indian scenarioâ? Indian Hydrobiology 12(2): 176-189, 2009.
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Presented/Published in proceedings
1. Presented paper entitled “A sensitive microplate based method for the estimation of hydrogen peroxide in biological sample by mFOX Reagent” at National seminar on fiture India: Science & Technology jointly organized by Indian Science Congress Association(ISCA) Bhubaneswar Chapter and KIIT Deemed to be University and KISS deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar on 1st-2nd February, 2019.
2. Poster presented on “A sensitive microplate based method for the determination of Hydrogen peroxide in biological samples by mFOX reagent” at National Seminar on Recent Trends in Microbiology and Biotechnology organized by Department of Biotechnology, MITS School of Biotechnology and Society of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 16th and 17th March, 2018.
3. Poster presented on “Optimization of Hydrogen Peroxide Determination in Biological samples Using Ammonium ferrous sulfate and Xylenol orange Reagent” at 85th Annual Session of National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI) & Symposium on Marine and Freshwater Ecosystem for National Development, KIIT, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 6th – 8th December 2015.
- Edited Books :
- Text Books :
- Book Chapters :
- Research Books :
1. Participated in Refresher course, organized by UGC-HRDC, Utkal University (21st August-10th September, 2018)
2. Participated in Capacity building programme for “Woman manager in Higher education” organized by Centre for Dalit and Subaltern Studies, RGNIYD, Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, Under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India and the Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS), Bhubaneswar, Odishafrom 29th-31st May, 2018 held at kalinga Institute of Social Sciences(KISS), Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
3. Participated in Orientation Programme organized by UGC-HRDC, Utkal University (18th August 14th September, 2017)
4. Participated in National Symposium and Workshop on Advances in Proteomics organized by Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar, 06th March 2017.
5. Participated in Faculty Development Programme organized by UGC-HRDC, Utkal University (20th March -25th March, 2015).
1. Participated in National Seminar cum Workshop on Proteomics in Public Health, sponsored by World Bank-Odisha Higher Education Program for Excellence and Equity, organized by P.G. Department of Biotechnology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 15th and 16th March, 2019.
2. Participated in National Seminar on Emerging trends in Life Sciences for sustainable Development Organized by Ramadevi Women’s University, Bhubaneswar, 8th-9th February, 2019.
3. Participated in National Seminar on Emerging trends in Biotechnology and Crop Improvements, organized by Department of Biotechnology, Ramadevi Women’s University, Bhubaneswar, 21st & 22nd November 2017.
- DBT-Research Associateship, Department Of Biotechnology, Govt. of India
- Utkal University Seed Grant for Research (2017-2019)
- Important Activities:
- Research Projects Undertaken:
1. Modified assay Procedure for the estimation of Hydrogen peroxide in Biological samples using Microwell Reader, funding agency University Seed Grant, (PI, March, 2017-March, 2019).
2. Signature of DNA methylation machinery in the brain of propylthiouracil (PTU)-induced hypothyroid rat: effect of green tea catechins funding agency DST, Govt. of Odisha (Co-PI, 2018-2020).
3. Efficacy of homoeopathic medicines (30c) on propylthiouracil (PTU)-induced hypothyroid rat funding agency, AYUSH, Govt. of India (Co-PI, 2019-2021).
- Invited Lectures:
- Administrative/Executive experience:
1. Member of Subject Research Committee (SRC), Biotechnology, Utkal University
2. Member of Board of Conducting Examiners, Question setters, Moderator for M.Sc & B.Sc. Biotechnology Examinations.
3. Assigned the duties of Hostel Assistant Superintendant of Saraladevi chhatrinivas, Ladies Hostel-3, from 1st of June, 2018 -31st May 2018 and Superintendant in charge of Saraladevi chhatrinivas, Ladies Hostel-3 since 1st June 2018
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary:
1. Organized National Seminar cum Workshop on Proteomics in Public Health, sponsored by World Bank-Odisha Higher Education Program for Excellence and Equity, organized by P.G. Department of Biotechnology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 15th and 16th March, 2019 (Co-Organizing Secretary).
- 1 Society of Free Radical Research (SFFR), India
- Proteomics Society of India(PSI)
- Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)
- Association of Gerontology (India) (AGI)
- Indian Gerontological Association (IGA)
- Utkal University Teacher Association (UUTA)