Name: Dr. Sabuj Sahoo
Qualification: M. Tech (Biotech), Ph.D.
Phone No.: +91-94373 44766 (Mob), 0674-2567390 (Off)
E-mail ID: sabujbiotech(at)utkaluniversity(dot)ac(dot)in, sabujbiotech(at)rediffmail(dot)com
- Bioprocess Development
- Downstream processing
- Molecular Expression of therapeutic enzymes
- Bioprocess Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology
- Medicinal Plant Biotechnology
- Instrumentation & Analytical techniques
- MPhil Guidance
|Sl .No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Topic of MPhil Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
|1||Punotaya||2019||Mitigation Of Lead Induced Oxidative Stress By Symbiotic Sinorhizobium Terangae Isolated From Root Nodules of Macrotyloma Uniflorum.|
|2||Pritiranjan Sahoo||2019||“Screening, Isolation of Promising Hemolysin Producer and Optimisation of Clone Development of hblA gene”. (Appeared)|
|3||Sonali Nanda||2018||Lead induced oxidative stress amelioration in horse gram and efficacy of symbiotic organism mediated rhizoremediation in growth promotion.|
|4||Aktari Khatoon||2012||Evaluation of invitro antibacterial and antioxidant activities of Melia azedarach L. bark. By K.Akhtari, J. Somani, S.K.Nayak, Sabuj Sahoo, A. Mohapatra and KB Satapathy, in IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, Vol. 9, Issue 6 Ver. (Nov-Dec 2014), pp. 14-17, ISSN: 2278-3008 (online), ISSN: 2319-7676 (Print).|
- PhD Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Registration No||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
|1||Rout George Kerry||Continuing||05-Biotechnology-2017-18, 19.02.2018||(Supervisor)||BPRF, Govt. of Odisha||Evaluation of phytobioactive terpenoid and flavonoid based tailored silica nanoparticles against type-II diabetes and associated nephropathies|
|2||Sheela Kumari Sahoo||Continuing||01-Biotechnology-2018-19, 09.10.2018||(Supervisor)||DST- INSPIRE||Bioprocess development, molecular characterization and purification of a thermostable protease with fibrinolytic potential|
|3||Mr. Jadhav Sachin Manik.||Continuing||04-Pharmacy-2014-2015 10/4/2015||(Supervisor)||Formulation and development of nasal microspheres for some CNS disorders with special reference to mucoadhesive polymers|
|4||Gyanranjan Mahalik||2018||02-Botany 2014-15 10/4/2015||Dr KB Satpathy Dr Sabuj Sahoo (Co-Supervisor)||UGC-RGNF||“Studies on the folklore claims and evaluation of some selected plants of Dhenkanal district of Odisha widely used against UTI”|
|5||S.Mishra||2015||026-Pharmacy 2007-08||(Supervisor)||Biological Evaluation of Some Indigenous Medicinal Plants of Orissa with Special Reference to Hepatoprotective, Nephroprotective and Antimicrobial Activities.|
|6||B.Pradhan||2014||34-Pharmacy 2007-08||(Supervisor)||Bioprocess development for production, characterization and purification of pharmaceutically important enzyme L-asparaginase|
Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
- Rout GK, Malik S, Tsegaye Y, Sahoo S, Patra JK, Majhi M. Nano-based approach to combat emerging viral (NIPAH virus) infection Nanomedicine Nanotechnology Biology and Medicine, 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.nano.2019.03.004 2018-19
2 Current advances in nanocarriers for biomedical research and their applications, 2018, Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine, and Biotechnology, by George Kerry Rout, Han Seung Shin, Sushanto Gouda, Sabuj Sahoo, Gitishree Das, Leonardo Fernandes Fraceto & Jayanta Kumar Patra, Vol.. , June 2018, p1-10, ISSN:
- 169-1401 (Print) 2169-141X (Online), DOI: 10.1080/21691401.2018.1478843 ISSN-2169-1401, 2018-19
- Synthesis, spectral characterization, in silico and in vitro antimicrobial investigations of some Schiff base metal complexes derived fromazosalicylaldehyde analogues in I J of Chemistry, by J. Sahoo*, G.Parween, Suprava Sahoo, Sabuj Sahoo and P. Sudhir kumar, Vol. 55B, October 2016, 1267-1276. 2016-17
- Ethnobotanical Survey of Plants used in Treatment of Urinary disorders in Dhenkanal district of Odisha, India, Mahalik G, Sahoo S, and Satapathy KB, IOSR-JESTFT, Volume 9, Issue 8, Aug 2015, pp 58-63, DOI: 10.9790/2402-09815863, e-ISSN: 2319-2402,p- ISSN: 2319-2399. 2015-16
- Synthesis, Characterization and Solvatochromic effect of Some Azo Based 2-Thioxopyrimidine-4,-6-dione Analogues and Their Antimicrobial Evaluation by J. SAHOO1,*, S. SAHOO2 and P. SUDHIR KUMAR1, in Asian Journal of Chemistry; Vol. 27, No. 11 (2015), 4145-4152. 2015-16
- Evaluation of invitro antibacterial and antioxidant activities of Melia azedarach L. bark. By K.Akhtari, J. Somani, S.K.Nayak, Sabuj Sahoo, A. Mohapatra and KB Satapathy, in IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, Vol. 9, Issue 6 Ver. (Nov-Dec 2014), pp. 14-17, ISSN: 2278-3008 (online), ISSN: 2319-7676 (Print). 2014-15
- Study on the antibacterial potential and phytochemical analysis of Thespesia populnea (L.) Sol. Ex Corr. Used in the treatment of diarrhoea and dysentery, by J. Somani, K.Akhtari, S.K. Nayak, sabuj sahoo, Mishra SK and KB Satapathy, in Ameriacan Journal of Pahrmacy and Health Research, Vol. 2, issue 12, 2014, pp. 70-77, ISSN: 2321-3647 (online). 2014-15
- Microbial Extracellular L-asparaginase: An Enzyme of Therapeutic Interest.by Biswaprakash Pradhan1, Sashi K. Dash2, Chandi C. Rath3, Sweety Patel4, and Sabuj Sahoo in Journal of Advaced Microbiology, ISSN Online: 2349-7785,1 (2) 2014 pp 75 – 88. 2014-15
- Anti oxidant and Anti Infective Potential of Oleanolic acid acetate vis-à-vis Vitex negundo Linn. and Oroxylum indicum Vent. against human pathogens causing Infections of UT, GIT and Skin.” Journal of Oriental Pharmacy Experimental Medicines,Orient Pharm Exp Med., Springer, 2015, Volume 15, Issue 1, pp 73–82, DOI 10.1007/s13596-014-0171-5, published online-27TH Nov, 2014. 2014-15
- Strain Improvement of Pseudomonas aeruginosa F1 for Extracellular L-asparaginase Production Isolated from Taptapani a Local Hot Spring in Odisha, India by Biswaprakash Pradhan, Sashi K. Dash, Chandi C. Rath and Sabuj Sahoo, in Journal of Advaced Microbiology, ISSN Online: 2349-7785, 1 (1) 2014 pp 38 – 44, 2014-15
- Bioassay guided fractionation and hepatoprotective activity of oleanolic acid acetate isolated from Vitex negundo Linn. by Satyaranjan Mishra, S R Pani, KK Rout, Sabuj Sahoo inJournal of Biologically Active Products from Nature, (Taylor and Francis, Online), 2014, 4 (2), pp 89 – 100, ISSN: 2231-1866 (Print), 2231-1874 2014-15
- Agrobacterium rhizogenes –mediated hairy root cultures of a multi-medicinal herb, Boerhaavia diffusa L.: Optimization of transformation events and anti-microbial activity against bacterial pathogens causing UTIs by Lopamudra Sahu, Somanatha Jena, Swasti S. Swain, Sabuj Sahoo and Pradeep K. Chand in Frontiers in Life Science, (Taylor and Francis), IF-1.471,2012), ISSN 2155-3769 (Print), 2155-3777 (Online), 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21553769.2013.879266, Feb, 2014, 7(3-4), pp.197-209 2014-15
- Screening and characterization of extracelluar L-asparaginase producing Bacillus subtilis strain hswx88, isolated from Taptapani hotspring of Odisha, India by Biswaprakash Pradhan, Sashi K. Dash and Sabuj Sahoo accepted in Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, Elsevier, 2013; 3(12), pp. 936-941, www.elsevier.com/locate/apjtb, ISSN: 2221-1691, DOI: 10.1016/S2221-1691(13)60182-3. 2013-14
- Optimization of some physical and nutritional parameters for the production of L-asparaginase by isolated thermophilic Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain F1, by Biswaprakash Pradhan1, Sashi K. Dash2 and Sabuj Sahoo*1 in Biosciences, Biotechnology Research Asia, Volume 10(1), June 2013, pp.389-395. ISSN: 0973-1245. 2013-14
- Phytochemical analysis and hepatoprotective effect of stem bark of Oroxylum indicum (L) Vent. on carbon tetrachloride induced hepatotoxicity in rat by Bichitra Nanda Tripathy, Panda SK, Sahoo S, Mishra SK, Nayak L, International Journal of Pharmaceutical & Biological Archives, ISSN No.: 0976-3333, 2011; 2(6):1714-1717. 2013-14
- Hepatoprotective effect of Bauhinia variegata (Linn.) whole stem against Carbon tetrachloride induced Hepatopathy in rats by S.R. Pani 1, Sabuj Sahoo 1*, P. K.Panda 1, S. Mishra 2 Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Science and Biotechnology, Japan, Global Science Book, 5(1), 62-65, 2011. 2013-14
- Evaluation of anti arthritic potential of Hybanthus enneaspermus by S. Tripathy*, S. P. Sahoo, D. Pradhan, S. Sahoo, D. K. Satapathy in African Journal of Pharmacy and PharmacologyVol.3(12),pp.614-617, December, 2009, ISSN 1996-0816 © 2009 Academic Journals 2013-14
- Antimicrobial Investigation of Leaves of Barringtonia acutangula Linn. By Sabuj Sahoo1*, Satyaranjan Mishra1, Sagar Kumar Mishra1,Kedar Kumar Rout1, Sukant Kumar Nayak2, Sashi Kanta Dash3 in Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Science and Biotechnology, Japan,3(1),55-58, 2009. 2013-14
- Isolation, Screening and Characterization of Hyaluronidase Producing Bacteria by S. Sahoo1*, S.R. Mishra1, A. Nayak1, S.K. Patel1, P.K. Panda1,S.K. Dash2 and P. Ellaiah3 in Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciencea, Iran, Spring 5(2), 65-71, 2009. 2013-14
- Determination of Bioactive markers in Curcuma longa Quantitative Evaluation of Level in Single Ayurvedic Drug-Haridra by Kedar K. Rout, Sagar K. Mishra, Satyaranjan Mishra and Sabuj Sahoo. in FOOD, GSB JAPAN, VIDE REF., FOOD17th May,2009. 2013-14
- Studies on Bio-Process intensification by nutritional optimisation for production of hyaluronidase by Streptococcus mitis MTCC *2695 species by S. Sahoo, S. R. Mishra, A. Nayak and P. Ellaiah. (2008). J Microbial World10(1), 29-37. 2013-14
- Antimycotic potential of Crataeva religiosa against some selected dermatophytes by S.Sahooa*, S.Tripathya, S.K. Mishraa , S.K. Dashb and P.K. Pandaa in ACTA POLONIAE PHARMACEUTICA-DRUG RESEARCH, Poland, Vol. 65 No.2, pp.245-247, 2008 2013-14
- In vitro Evaluation of Antimycotic Potential of Hybanthus enneaspermus Against Selected Candida Species by S. Sahoo *, P.K.Panda, P.Ellaiah, M.Brahma, S. Tripathy and S.K.Dash1 HAMDARD MEDICUS, vol. 51(3), 96-100, 2008. 2013-14
- Bioparametric Investigation for the Production of Hyaluronidase by Streptococcus mitis MTCC *2695 by Sabuj Sahoo*, Prasana Kumar Panda, Satyaranjan Mishra, Anindita Nayak, Sashi Kanta Dash1 and Poluri Ellaiah2 in International Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Japan. 2(1) 2(1), 51-54, 2008. 2013-14
- Antibacterial activity of some Indian Medicinal Plants. By Prusti, A., Mishra, S.R., Sahoo, S. and Mishra, S.K. in Ethnobotanical leaflets (electronic journal) 2008, http://www.siu.edu/~ebl/ 2013-14
- Synthesis and evaluation of antimicrobial activity of Metal Complexes of 4=(2-Hydroxy Phenyl Imino) Phenyl Sulphonamide in Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciencea, Iran, by B.B.Subudhi, S.Sahoo, P.K.Panda, 3(4), 245-250, 2007 2013-14
- Synthesis and Biological evaluation of some Benzimidazoles and Thiazolidinone derivatives by B.B. Subudhi, S. Sahoo, P.K. Panda, T. Kundu et al. in Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol. 6 No.2, 2007, pp. 114-118. 2013-14
- Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 1-(2,4-dinitrophenyl)-3-(3-nitrophenyl)-5-(4-substitutedphenyl)-4-bromo-2-pyrazolines and 1-(2,4-dinitrophenyl)-3-(3-nitrophenyl)-5-(4-substitutedphenyl)-2-pyrazolin-4-ones by S.K.MISHRA*, S.SAHOO, P.K.PANDA, S.R.MISHRA, R.K.MOHANTA, P.ELLAIAHa and C.S.PANDAb in ACTA POLONIAE PHARMACEUTICA-DRUG RESEARCH, Poland, Vol. 64 No. 4 pp. 359-364, 2007. 2013-14
- Optimization of some physical and nutritional parameters for the production of hyaluronidase by Streptococcus equi SED 9 by S. Sahoo*, P. K. Panda, S. R. Mishra, P. Ellaiaha et al. to ACTA POLONIAE PHARMACEUTICA-DRUG RESEARCH, Poland, 2007, Vol. 64 No. 6 pp. 517-522 2013-14
- Effect of some inhibitors on hyaluronidase production by Streptococcus mitis MTCC *2695 and Streptococcus equi SED 9 species by S. Sahoo*, P. K. Panda, S. R. Mishra, A. Tripathy and P. Ellaiah Biosciences, Biotechnology, Research Asia, 2007, 4(1), 297-299. 2013-14
- Synthesis and Biogical Activity evaluation of some Azetidinone and Thiazolidinone derivatives of Coumarins in DHAKA UNIV. J. PHARM. SCI. 4(2), 87-92,2005 (December) by B.B.Subudhi, P. K. Panda , S. Sahoo et.al. 2013-14.
- National Publications:
1 S Mishra, K K Rout, S K Nayak, S K Mishra, P K Panda, S Sahoo, Hepatoprotective effect of Barringtonia acutangula leaves on carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver damage in rats, Natural Products & Ressources (NISCAIR, CSIR), 2011, Vol. 2(4), pp. 515-519.
2 B Pradhan, SK. Dash and S Sahoo, Screening and characterization of extracelluar L-asparaginase producing Bacillus subtilis strain hswx88, isolated from Taptapani hotspring of Odisha, India, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, Elsevier, 2013, 3(12), pp. 936-941, [(SNIP)1.414.
3 B Pradhan1, SK. Dash2 and S Sahoo, Optimization of some physical and nutritional parameters for the production of L-asparaginase by isolated thermophilic Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain F1, Biosciences, Biotechnology Research Asia, 2013, 10(1), pp. 389-395.
4 S.R. Pani, S Sahoo, PK.Panda, S Mishra, Nephroprotective effect of Bauhinia variegata (Linn.) whole stem extract, against Cisplatin induced Nephropathy in rats, Indian J Pharmacology, 2011, 43, pp. 200-202.
5 S.K.Mekap, S. R. Mishra, S.Sahoo, P.K.Panda, Antiurolithiatic Activity of Barks of Crateva magna Lour., Natural Products & Resources (CSIR, NISCAIR), 2011, Vol. 2(1), pp. 28-33.
6 P. K. Das, S. Pillai, D. M. Kar, D. Pradhan and S Sahoo, Pharmacological efficacy of Argemone mexicana plant Extract, against cysteamine-induced duodenal ulceration In rats, Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2011, Vol. 65, No. 3.
7 DK Brahma, S Sahoo, SK Mishra S.K. and SR Mishra, Antimicrobial Potential of the Volatile Oil of Feronia Limonia Swingle Leaves, Indian Drugs, 2010, 47(4), pp. 69-71.
8 N. Aparna, Saumya Ranjan Pani, Suman Kumar Mekap, Nabin Kumar Dhal, Sabuj Sahoo, Ulcer-protective effect of Avicennia officinalis L., A common mangrove plant, Pharmaceutical and Biological Evaluations, 2014, Vol 1(1), pp. 1-8.
9 S. Sahoo, PK. Panda, SR. Mishra, P Ellaiah et al., Optimization of some physical and nutritional parameters for the production of hyaluronidase by Streptococcus equi SED 9, Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica-Drug Res, 2007, 4(1), pp. 517-522.
10 S Sahoo, PK Panda, SR Mishra, RK Parida, P Ellaiah2 and SK. Dash, Antibacterial activity of Barringtonia acutangula against selected urinary tract pathogens, indian J. of Pharm. Sci., 2008, Vol. 70(5), pp 677-679.
11 S. Sahoo et.al., Optimization of some Physical and Nutritional Parameters for Hyaluronidase Production by Streptococcus mitis, Indian J. of Pharm. Sci., 2008, Vol. 70(5), pp 661-664.
12 S. Sahoo et.al,, Anti microbial activity of Hybanthus Enneaspermus on selected urinary tractpathogens, indian J. of Pharm. Sci. 2006, September-October, pp. 663-665.
13 BB.Subudhi, S.Sahoo, PK.Panda, Synthesis and evaluation of antimicrobial activity of Metal Complexes of 4=(2-Hydroxy Phenyl Imino) Phenyl Sulphonamide, Iranian J of Pharm Sci, Iran, 2007, Vol.3(12), 245-250, BB. Subudhi, S Sahoo, PK. Panda, T. Kundu et al., Synthesis and Biological evaluation of some Benzimidazoles and Thiazolidinone derivatives, Journal of Pharm Res, 2007, Vol. 64 No. 4, pp. 114-118.
14 S Sahoo, SR Mishra, A. Nayak, S.K. Patel, PK Panda, SK. Dash and P Ellaiah, Isolation, Screening and Characterization of Hyaluronidase Producing Bacteria, Iranian J of Pharm Sci, Iran, Spring, 2009, vol. 5(2), 65-72.
15 S.Sahoo, S.Tripathy, SK. Mishra, SK. Dash and PK. Panda, Antimycotic potential of Crataeva religiosa against some selected dermatophytes, Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica-Drug Res, 2008, 65(2), pp.245-247.
16 Prusti A., Mishra SR., Sahoo S. and Mishra SK, Antibacterial activity of some Indian Medicinal Plants, Ethnobotanical Leaflets, 2008, Vol. 12, http://www.siu.edu/~ebl/, pp. 227-230.
17 S Mishra, SR Pani, KK Rout, S Sahoo, Bioassay guided fractionation and hepatoprotective activity of oleanolic acid acetate isolated from Vitex negundo Linn., Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature, Taylor and Francis, 2014, 4 (2), pp 89 â?? 100.
18 S Mishra, S K Mekap, S Patra, NK Dhal & S Sahoo, Anti oxidant and Anti Infective Potential of Oleanolic acid acetate vis-Ã -vis Vitex negundo Linn. and Oroxylum indicum Vent. against human pathogens causing Infections of UT, GIT and Skin, Journal of Oriental Pharmacy Experimental Medicines, Springer, 03/2015, 15 (1), pp73-82, DOI 10.1007/s13596-014-0171-5.
19 S Mishra, SR Pani, S Sahoo, Anti-nephrotoxic Activity of Some Medicinal Plants from Tribal Rich Pockets of Odisha, Pharmacognosy Research, 2014, Vol 6, Issue 3, pp. 210-214.
20 L Sahu, S Jena, SS. Swain, S Sahoo and PK. Chand, Agrobacterium rhizogenes â??mediated hairy root cultures of a multi-medicinal herb, Boerhaavia diffusa L.: Optimization of transformation events and anti-microbial activity against bacterial Name : Dr. SABUJ SAHOO Designation : READER Qualification : Ph.D. (Pharmacy), M. Tech-(Biotechnology) Phone No. : +91-94373 44766 (Mob) 0674-2567390 (Off) E-mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, pathogens causing UTIs, Frontiers in Life Science, Taylor and Francis)., doi.org/10.1080/215537692013.879266, 2013, Vol 7, issue 3-4, pp.197-209.
21 Screening, Partial Purification and Stability Studies of Cyclodextrin glycosyl transferases from Bacillus amyloliquefaciens Strain L4-6. Devika Das, Sheela Kumari Sahoo, Luna Samanta, Sabuj Sahoo . Journal of Advanced Microbiology 3(5-6) 2017-2018, 252 – 262. 2017-18
22 Evaluation of phytochemical constituents and antimicrobial properties of mangifera indica l. leaves against urinary tract infection-causing pathogens, Gyanranjan Mahalik1, Sabuj Sahoo2, Kunja Bihari Satapathy1 Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, Vol 10, Issue 9, 2017, 169-173. Online – 2455-3891, Print – 0974-2441. Vol-10, 2017-18
23 Evaluation of Antidiabetic Activity of Oxalis corniculata Linn. Whole Plant, Suman Kumar Mekap, Sabuj Sahoo, Kunja Bihari Satapathy and Sagar Kumar Mishra, 2016, RJPBCS 7(2), 2142-2152..\ 2016-17
24 BIOLOGICAL EVALUATION OF NOVEL a-HETEROARYL/ARYLAZO 2-NAPHTHOL ANALOGS AND THE TRANSITIONAL METAL COMPLEXES DERIVED FROM 4-((2-HYDROXYNAPHTHALEN-1-YL) DIAZENYL)-1, 5-DIMETHYL-2-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOL-3(2H)-ONE by Sahoo J.*, Sahoo S. and Paidesetty S. K., july 2016INDIAN DRUGS 53 (07), 15-24. 2016-17
25 Evaluation of Toddalia asiatica (L.) Lam. leaf extracts for antidiabetic activity by Suman Kumar Mekap1, Sabuj Sahoo2, Kunja Bihari Satapathy3, Sagar Kumar Mishra1*, PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOLOGICAL EVALUATIONS, February 2016; vol. 3 (Issue 1): 115-125. 2016-17
26 Antimicrobial Potential of Leaves of Adhatoda vasica Nees. against human pathogens causing Infections of UT, GIT and Skin by B. Pradhan1, D. Bhatt1, S.K. Mishra and S. Sahoo* in PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOLOGICAL EVALUATIONS, Feb 2015; vol. 2 (Issue 1): 36-39, www.onlinepbe.com,ISSN 2394-0859. 2015-16
27 Ulcer-protective effect of Avicennia officinalis L., A common mangrove plant by N. Aparna, Saumya Ranjan Pani, Suman Kumar Mekap, Nabin Kumar Dhal, Sabuj Sahoo, in Pharmaceutical and Biological Evaluations, 2015, Vol 1(1), pp. 1-8 2015-16
28 Antimicrobial Activity of Acalypha godseffiana Against Selected Urinary Tract Infection Causing Pathogens, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, by S. Sahoo, B. K. Rout, S. K. Mekap and N. K. Dhal, E-ISSN: 2278-4136. P-ISSN: 2349-8196, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2014; 3(4): pp. 42-44. 2014-15
29 Evaluation of Antibacterial Efficacy of Clerodendrum serratum Linn. and Clerodendrum viscosum Vent. Leaves against some Human Pathogens causing UT and GIT Infection, Res. J of Pharm. Bio. and Chem. Sci. by N. Shukla, C.S. Panda, K. B. Satapathy, S. Sahoo and S.K. Mishra, November – December 2014 5(6) Page No. 621-626. ISSN: 0975-8585 2014-15
30 Anti-nephrotoxic Activity of Some Medicinal Plants from Tribal Rich Pockets of Odisha by Satyaranjan Mishra, Saumya Ranjan Pani, Sabuj Sahoo in Pharmacognosy Research, July- Sep 2014, Vol. 6, Issue 3, pp. 210-217, ISSN: 0976-4836, DOI: 10.4103/0974-8490.132598. 2014-15
31 Strain improvement of isolated Bacillus Subtilis Strain Hswx88 for extracellular L-Asparaginase production by Biswaprakash Pradhan, Sashi K. Dash and Sabuj Sahoo in International J of Pharmacy and Industrial Research, Vol 3 (3), 2013, 288-294, ISSN Print: 2231-3648, Online: 2231-3656: 2013-14
32 Medicinal properties and biological activities of Barringtonia acutangula linn.: A Review by S. Mishra and Sabuj Sahoo in World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 2, Issue 4, 1781-1788. Review Article ISSN 2278 – 4357.ISSN Online: 2278 – 4357. (www.wjpps.com) 2013-14
33 Optimization Of Some Physical And Nutritional Parameters For The Production Of L-Asparaginase By Isolated Thermophilic Bacillus Subtilis Strain Hswx88, by Biswaprakash Pradhan1, Sashi K. Dash2 and Sabuj Sahoo*1, Pharmanest, Vol. 4(4), JULY-August 2013, pp. 627-636. eISSN: 2231-0541. 2013-14
34 In Vitro and In Vivo Antihepatotoxic Activity of Oroxylum Indicum Against Carbon-Tetrachloride Induced Hepatic Damage by S.R. Mishra and Sabuj Sahoo* in International J of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2013; Vol. 4(8): 1000-1005. E-ISSN: 0975-8232; P-ISSN: 2320-5148; DOI: 10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.4(8).1000-05. 2013-14
35 HPLC Method Development for Estimation of Citicoline and Methylcobalamin in Tablet by Suraj Sahoo*, Prasanna Kumar Panda, Sagar Kumar Mishra, Sabuj Sahoo in Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2013, 25(1), pp 581-582.DOI:10.14233/ajchem.2013.13192#sthash.jjLlBK1M.dpuf 2013-14
36 Antimicrobial investigation of Ammania baccifera Linn. against some Urinary and Gastro-intestinal Tract infection causing pathogens by S. Sahoo, D. Nayak, G.S Kumar and S. Jayakumari in Indian Drugs, Vol.49 (12), December 2012, 44-48. 2013-14
37 HPLC method development for simultaneous estimation of hydrochlorothiazide and perindropril in tablet dosage form by Suraj Sahoo*, Prasanna Kumar Panda, Sagar Kumar Mishra, Sabuj Sahoo in Asian journal of pharmaceutical and clinical research, 5( 2), 136-138, 2012 2013-14
38 HPLC Method Development for Simultaneous Estimation of Atovaquone and Proguanil in Tablet Dosage Form by Suraj Sahoo*, Prasanna Kumar Panda, Sagar Kumar Mishra, Sabuj Sahoo in International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol.4 Suppl 2, Jun 2012, (IF-0.38). PP. 195-197. 2013-14
39 HPLC Method Development for Simultaneous Estimation of Nizatidine, Methyl Paraben and Propyl Paraben in Oral Solution by Sahoo S.*, Panda P. K., Mishra S. K. and Sabuj S inIndian Drugs, 2011, 48(11), p. 44-47. 2013-14
40 Hepatoprotective effect of Barringtonia acutangula leaveson carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver damage in rats SMishra1, S Sahoo1*, K K Rout1, S K Nayak2, S K Mishra1, P K Panda1 to Natural Products & Ressources(NISCAIR) Vol. 2(4), December 2011, pp. 515-519. 2013-14
41 Antiurolithiatic Activity of Barks of Crateva magna Lour) by Suman Kumar Mekap1, S. r. Mishra2, Sabuj Sahoo*3, P.K.Panda3 to Natural Products & Resources(NISCAIR), Vol. 2(1), March 2011, pp. 28-33. 2013-14
42 Nephroprotective effect of Bauhinia variegata (Linn.) whole stem extract, against Cisplatin induced Nephropathy in rats.in Indian J Pharmacol by S.R. Pani 1, Sabuj Sahoo 1*, P. K.Panda 1, S. Mishra, 2011;43:200-202. 2013-14
43 Pharmacological efficacy of argemone mexicana plant Extract, against cysteamine induced duodenal ulceration in rats, by P. K. DAS, S. PILLAI, D. M. KAR1, D. PRADHAN and SABUJ SAHOO1 Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2011 Mar;65(3):92-9. doi: 10.4103/0019-5359.104788. 2013-14
44 Phytochemical and pharmacological investigation of the plant Ocimum basilicum with special ssreference to its anti ulceration property by Das Prabhat, * Dr. Sahoo Sabuj , Sethi Ranjan in Journal of Pharmacy Research 2010, 3(1),63-66,online Journal ,www.jpronline.info 2013-14
45 Antimicrobial Potential of the Volatile Oil of Feronia Limonia Swingle Leaves by Brahma D.K., Sahoo S.*, Mishra S.K. and Mishra S.R. in Indian Drugs in Indian Drugs,47(4), 2010, pp. 69-71. 2013-14
46 Phyto chemical and pharmacological investigation of the protective effect of HYPTIS SUAVEOLENS against duodenal ulceration in Journalof Global Pharma Technology available online, 2009, at 2009, 1(1), 82-87, www.igpt.co.in. 2013-14
47 A review on cardiovascular disorders and their management.Amisulpride in the management of schizophrenia; A Review, by J.Sahoo, P.K.Sahoo, J.Behara, S.Sahoo and S.K.Mishra in Recent trends in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Vol. 6, 2009,pp. 59-67. 2013-14
48 Antibacterial activity of Barringtonia acutangula against selected urinary tract pathogens by S. SAHOO, P.K. PANDA, S.R. MISHRA, R.K. PARIDA, P. ELLAIAH2and S.K. DASH3in indian j. of Pharm. Sci., Vol. 70(5)Sep-Oct 2008, p 677-679. 2013-14
49 Antimicrobial Activity Of Ludwigia octovalvis (JACQ) RAVEN against selected human dermatological pathogens by UN Nanda , S Sahoo, BB Barik in Indian Drugs, Vol. 45(8) Aug 2008, p 659- 662. 2013-14
50 Amisulpride in the management of schizophrenia; A Review, by J.Sahoo, P.K.Sahoo, S.Sahoo,D.k. tripathy and S.K.Mishra in Advances in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Vol. 9(1), 2008, pp. 23-25. 2013-14
51 Hyaluronidase: application of enzyme as pharmaceuticals by S. Sahoo, P. Ellaiah, S.R. Mishra, P.K. Panda to Indian J of Pharmaceutical Education & ResearchVol. 42(2)Apr-Jun, 2008, p 96- 103. 2013-14
52 Antifungal Activity of Barringtonia acutangula against Selected Human Pathogenic Fungi by SAHOO S.*, PANDA P.K., BEHERA P.S., MISHRA S.R. and ELLAIAH P in Indian Drugs, Vol. 45, No.1, January, 26-30, 2008. 2013-14
53 Synthesis and antibacterial activity of some 2- aryl acenaphthimidazoles and their n-mannich bases against some streptococcus species by S.K.Mishra, P.K.Panda, S.R.Mishra, A.Nayak, P.Ellaiah1 and C.S.Panda2 in Acta Ciencia Indica Vol. XXXIII C, No. 3, (2007), 227-230. 2013-14
54 Antimicrobial activity of Euphorbia thymifolia Linn. against superficial dermatological pathogens by U.N.Nanda, B.B.Barik, S.Sahoo and B.B.Panigrahi, in IAPST Bulletin, Vol.13, Issue 13, Nov-Dec, 2007, p-2-3. 2013-14
55 Inhibitory effect of some synthesized 1-(2,4-dinitrophenyl)-3-(3-nitrophenyl)-5-(4-substitutedphenyl)-4-bromo-2-pyrazolines and 1-(2,4-dinitrophenyl)-3-(3-nitrophenyl)-5-(4-substitutedphenyl)-2-pyrazolin-4-ones against Streptococcal hyaluronidase enzyme and pathogenic Streptococcal species. By S.Sahoo*1, S.K.Mishra1, P.K.Panda1, P.Ellaiah2, C.S.Panda3 et al. to JTR Chemistry, Vol. 14. No.1, 2007, p. 1-7. 2013-14
56 Antifungal activity of HYBANTHUS ENNEASPERMUS on selected Human Pathogenic Fungi accepted in Indian Drugs 44 (5) May, 2007,PP. 352-357, by S. Sahoo, P. K. Panda, Tripathy, S., Dash, S.K. and Nayak S.K. 2013-14
57 Impact of Cloning in Biopharmaceuticals; A Novel Strategy in New Drug Development Processes Indian J of Pharmaceutical Education & Research, Vol. No. 40/04 ,October to December 2006, pp. 225-231. by S. Sahoo, P.Ellaiah, P. K. Panda et. al. 2013-14
58 Antibacterial activity of HYBANTHUS ENNEASPERMUS on selected urinary tractpathogens.in Indian J.of Pharm. Sciences. by S.Sahoo, D.M.Kar, S.Mohapatra, S.P.Rout, S.K.Dash, September-October, 2006, 68(5), 663-665. 2013-14
59 Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of 1-(2, 4-dinitrophenyl) –3 – (3-nitrophenyl (4`bromophenyl)– 2 – pyrazolin – 4 – one. I Acta Ciencia Indica, Vol. XXXII C 2006 No. 4. 381-384. by S. K. Mishra*, S. Sahoo, P.K.Panda, A. Tripathy and C.S.Panda1. 2013-14
60 Microbiological assay of Moxifloxacin in bulk and solid dosage form in journal Acta Ciencia Indica, Vol. XXXII C 2006 No. 3. 295-297, by S. Sahoo, P. K. Panda, S Mohapatra, S.Patra, B B Barik et.al 2013-14
61 Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 2- aryl Acenaphthimidazoles and their N-Mannich bases in JTR Chemistry Vol. 13(2) p. 49-54 (2006) by S.K.Mishra*1, S.Sahoo1, P.K.Panda1, S.R.Mishra1, R.K.Parida1, P.Ellaiah2 and C.S.Panda3 2013-14
62 Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 2-substituted benzaldehyde-4,5-dimethyl imidazoles and their N-Mannich bases in JTR Chemistry, Vol. 13(1) p. 7-12 June (2005) by S.K.Sahu*, S.K.Mishra*, S.Sahoo*, et.al. 2013-14
63 Development and statistical validation ofspectrophotometric method for analysis of Montleukast sodium in bulk andsolid dosage form in journal Acta Ciencia Indica, vol. Xxx!C,No. 4, 339(2005) by S.Patra, S.Sahoo et.al. 2013-14.
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Presented/Published in proceedings
1 Attended 39th National Seminar organised by OBS On theme entitled Biodiversity, assessment, montoring and conservation, application of Biotechnological tools, and presented a paper enitled Anti-infective potentials of Leaves of Clerodendrum Inerme, (L.) Gaertn against some Resistant Pathogens causing Opportunistic Infections.by N Shukla1, CS Panda1, KB Satapathy2, SK Mekap1, S Sahoo1 and SK Mishra1*on 22nd-23rd February, 2015, at RPRC.
2 Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Potential of Barringtonia acutangula Linn. by Satyaranjan Mishra, Suman Kumar Mekap, Sabuj Sahoo at OBS, 23rd-24th February, 2014. 33. Metagenomics in Drug Discovery by Rasmita Jena, Monalisa Mahapatra, Sabuj Sahoo in National Seminar on “Regulatory issues of Herbal Drugs to promote its commercialization in Chhattisgarh” from 21-22 November 2014 sponsored by Chhattisgarh Council of Science & Technology, Raipur (C.G.).
3 In-vitro antioxidant and antimicrobial potential of Jatropa curcas L. against UTI causing pathogens in UGC sponsored National Seminar at SG College, Kanikapada, Jajpur, Odisha by A. K. Nayak, S. K. Mishra, K.B. Satpathy, and S. Sahoo on 06th â?? 07th September, 2013.
4 Attended National Conference on Uilization of microbes for sustainable development organised by Dept.of Microbiology, OUAT, sponsered by DST and presented a paper entitled Bioprocess Development for production of cyclodextrin glycosyl transferase by D.Das, A.D.Mahapatra and S.Sahoo.on 14-15th of December, 2012.
5 Attended National Conference on â??Science for shaping the future of Indiaâ? on the occasion of the 15th Odisha Bigyan Congress under the auspices of the Indian Science Congress Association, Bhubaneswar chapter on 18th-19th of October, 2012, at Department of Geology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.Antimicrobial screening of Berberine loaded Microsphere by Md.HLRashid, SKMISHRA, S SAHOO AND SKSAHOO.
6 Antimicrobial investigation of Ammania baccifera Linn. against some Urinary and Gastro-intestinal Tract infection causing pathogens by S. Sahoo1*, D. Nayak2, S.K. Mishra1 and S. Jayakumari2 at UGC sponsored National Conference held on 25=26th February, 2012 at BBM college Chandikhol.
7 In-Vitro Antioxidant Activity Of Carissa Carandas Fruit By DPPH And H2O2 Scavanging Models by Beta1, S.Purohit1, S.Sahoo1, S.K.Mishra1 and M.S Karchuli2 at the International Society for Ethnopharmacology [ISE], Kolkata, India during February 17-19, 2012.
8 Phytochemical and biological activity of Alstonia scholaris l.by Sagar Kumar Mishra1, Debika Das, Sabuj Sahoo1 and D.Bhatta2 at 12th congress of the International Society for Ethnopharmacology [ISE], Kolkata, India during February 17-19, 2012.
9 Determination of antiulcer activity of a mangrove plant Avicennia officinalis l. by G. Suresh kumar1, N. Aparna1, Nabin Kumar Dhal2 , Sagar.Kumar.Mishra1 and Sabuj Sahoo at 12th congress of the International Society for Ethnopharmacology [ISE], Kolkata, India during February 17-19, 2012.
10 Screening of a L-Asparginase producing thermophilic bateria. by G.Suresh Kumar, B.pradhan and S.Sahoo, at 63rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress at Bangaluru, on 16th-18th December, 2011.
11 Assay for screening L-Asparginase producing microorganisms and its characterization, BY B.Pradhan, S.Sahoo, S.K.Das, in National seminar on Nanobiotechnology- Concepts, applications, and perspectives on 10th April, 2011, at Rolland Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Berhampur, Odisha.
12 Antiinflammatory activity of B. acutangula by Satyaranjan Mishra, Sabuj Sahoo and Suresh at 61st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Ahemadabad, on 11th-13th- December, 2009.
22. L- asparginase : A Antineoplastic Agent of Microbial Origin by Pradhan B . Mohapatra B.B., Sahoo S.1 and Joshi B. at 61st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Ahemadabad, on 11th-13th- December, 2009.
13 Nephroprotective activity of Bauhinia variegata L. whole stem by Pani S. R, Sahoo S, Satpathy A.A., Panda P.K. at 60 th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Dwaraka, New Delhi, on 12th-14th- December, 2008.
14 Strain improvement studies for the production of hyaluronidase employing mutagenesis by Sahoo S., Mishra S., Ellaiah P. 1, Panda P.K. at 60 th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Dwaraka, New Delhi, on 12th-14th- December, 2008.
15 Effect of Antibiotics on Production of Hyaluronidase by S. Sahoo*, S.R. Mishra, A. Nayak, P.K. Panda and P.Ellaiah1 on 24th Feb 2008 at IPA & APTI state level convention organised by Rolland Institute of Pharmaceutical sciences.
16 Optimization of Medium Components for the Production of Hyaluronidase Using Plackett-Burman Design by Submerged Fermentation by:A. Tripathy*, S. Sahoo, P.K. Panda, P. Udaya Sankar1 and P. Ellaiah1 at 59th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, BHU, Banaras, on 21st-23rd December, 2007.
17 Anticandidal Activity of Plectranthus amboinicus L. Leaves by S.R. Mishra, S. Sahoo, S. K. Mishra and P.K. Panda at 1st IAPST National convention, 18th Nov 2007, Gopalpur, Orissa.
18 â??Antiinflammatory activity of the extracts of plant Barringtonia acutangula linn. Seedsâ? by S.R. Mishra*, S. Sahoo, S. Tripathy, D. Pradhan and P.K. Panda at National Seminar sponsored by AICTE at Royal College of Pharmacy, Berhampur.
19 Anticandidal activity of the activity of the herb of Andrographics paniculata by A.Tripathy*, S. Sahoo, S.k. Mishra, on 11th March at IPA & APTI state level convention-2007 organised by Jeypore college of Pharmacy, Orissa.
20 Antimicrobial activity of the leaves of the Tinospora cordifolia by D. C. Singh*, S. Sahoo, A.Tripathy, S.k. Mishra, on 11th March at IPA & APTI state level convention-2007 organised by Jeypore college of Pharmacy, Orissa.
21 Phytochemical analysis and antibacterial activity of bark of Litsea glutinosa Linn. against some selected UTI pathogens by R.C. Das*1, S.K. Mishra, S. Sahoo, S.R. Mishra, A.B. Prusty2 on 11th March at IPA & APTI state level convention-2007 organised by Jeypore college of Pharmacy, Orissa.
22 Effect of some growth factors, trace elements and inhibitors on bioprocess intensification for production of hyaluronidase Streptococcus mitis MTCC 2695 by S.R. Mishra and S. Sahoo, P. K. Panda, A.Nayak and P.Ellaiah on 11th March at IPA & APTI state level convention-2007 organised by Jeypore college of Pharmacy, Orissa.
23 Antibacterial screening of the leaves of the plant Premna spinosa Linn. against some UTI causing pathogens. Antibacterial screening of the leaves of the plant Premna spinosa Linn. against some UTI causing pathogens by N.R. Samal*, S. Sahoo, P.K. Panda, S.R. Mishra, P.S. Behera on 11th March at IPA & APTI state level convention-2007 organised by Jeypore college of Pharmacy, Orissa.
24 Effect of some growth factors, trace elements and inhibitors on bioprocess intensification for production of hyaluronidase by Streptococcus mitis MTCC
*2695.â? by S.R. Mishra and S. Sahoo on 11th March at IPA & APTI state level convention-2007 organised by Jeypore college of Pharmacy, Orissa.
25 Optimization of physical and nutritional parameters for the production of hyaluronidase by Streptococcus mitis MTCC *2695.â? on 11th March at IPA & APTI state level convention-2007 organised by Jeypore college of Pharmacy, Orissa.
26 Application of Bioinformatics National Seminar in Bioinformatics, at Dept. of Bioinformatics,C.P.G.S, OUAT, BBSR, ORISSA funded by Dept. of Biotechnology, New Delhi by S. Sahoo and P.Praveen Kumar.
27 Pharmagenomics in Drug Discovery Process conducted by Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagpur at 10th APTI NATIONAL CONVENTION,17-18TH October,2005 by S. Sahoo.
28 Dynamics of Abortion and Maternal Mortality-A Case Study at S.C.B Medical College CUTTACK, ORISSA, conducted by Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagpur, at 10th APTI NATIONAL CONVENTION,17-18TH October, 2005 by S. Sahoo.
29 Hepatitis A&B (recombinant); A rationale for combined vaccination conducted by Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Engineering, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on 2nd-3rd October, 2004 at APTI INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION, by S. Sahoo.
- Edited Books :
1. Microbial Enzymes: Prospects and Challengesâ? in an Edited Book â??Microbiology Applicationsâ?, ISBN: 978-81-905771-3-7.
2. â??Ancient History of Mediciene: An Overviewâ? in an Edited Book â??Indian Culture Science and Technology Through Agesâ? ISBN: 81-89726-57-7.
3. â??HEPATOPROTECTIVE, ANTIOXIDANT AND ANTIINFECTIVE SCREENING OF SOME INDIGENOUS MEDICINAL PLANTS OF ODISHAâ? 2015.
- Text Books :
1.Written a Book as sole author entitled “HEPATOPROTECTIVE, ANTIOXIDANT AND ANTIINFECTIVE SCREENING OF SOME INDIGENOUS MEDICINAL PLANTS OF ODISHA” 2015, ISBN: 978-81-89626-68-6, Mayur Publications, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
- Book Chapters :
1. Title of Book: Theranostic Application of Nanoparticulated System: Present and Future Prospects in an Edited Book “Advanced Biosensors for Health Care: Materials and Applications” Print ISBN: 978-1-64490-012-3 (release date April 20th, 2019) ePDF ISBN 978-1-64490-013-0/ Doi:10.21741/9781644900130-7 Publisher: Materials Research Foundations
2. Sheela Kumari Sahooa and Sabuj Sahoo, Exploitation of fibrinolytic Enzymes in Combating Blood Clotting Disorders – Recent Advances and Strategies: A Comprehensive Review Accepted by Cambridge Scholars, Publishing, UK, in the edited book “Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Future Medicine”.
3. S.Jadav, S.Sahoo, S.K.Mishra, 2019, A Review; Nose to brain drug delivery for various CNS disorders. Springer Nature, Switzerland AG (Accepted)
4. L-asparaginase and methioninase as prospective anticancer enzymes: curreny applications and production approaches by Smruti Malinee Sahoo and Sabuj Sahoo
5. Title of Book: Writing a Chapter “BIOPROSPECTING OF ENDOPHYTES FOR AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY” in an Edited Book “MICROBIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY: Applications in Agriculture and Environment” (Gally proof) ISBN: 978-981-10-6846-1 [offline], 978-981-10-6847-8 [online], Publisher: Springer Place: Switzerland Year: 2017
6. Title of Book: Written a Chapter “Microbial Enzymes: Prospects and Challenges” in an Edited Book “Microbiology Applications”, ISBN: 978-81-905771-3-7 Publisher: M/S Har Krishan Bhalla & Sons, Place: Dehradun- 248007, Uttrakhand, India Year: 2013, page; 211-233..
7. Written a Chapter “Ancient History of Medicine: An Overview”in an Edited Book“Indian Culture Science and Technology Through Ages”ISBN: 81-89726-57-7, Publisher: M/S Gyanjuga Publication Place: Bhubaneswar-15, Odisha, India Year: 2011, page; 259-273. Editor: Prof. Amal Kumar Mishra, PG Dept. Of History.
8. Written a Chapter “A review on cardiovascular disorders and their management. Amisulpride in the management of schizophrenia; A Review” by J.Sahoo, P.K.Sahoo, J.Behara, S.Sahoo and S.K.Mishra in Recent trends in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Editor: Dr. Ram Prakash, Jalgaon, India, 2009, pp. 59-67, ISBN: 81-85543-09-7 co-author.
- Research Books :
1. Participated in National Symposium and Workshop on Quantitative Proteomics” (05 days) organized by Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India from 06-10th March 2017
2. Attended Teachers Training Programme organised by NMEICT (National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology) Project of MHRD through Microsoft at Utkal University from 11th-20 October, 2012.
3. Participated in Refresher course (Pharmacy) on “Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences”conducted by U.G.C., Academic Staff College, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, from 10.08.11 to 30.08.11
4. Quality Improvement Programme / Refresher Course in Pharmaceutical Sciences, AICTE sponsored STAFF DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME on “Recent Trends In Drug Delsign And Delivery Systems” at RIPS, Berhampur Orissa from 5th _18th July, 2009.
5. Regional training workshop on Biosafety for State Agriculture Universities held on 29-30th December 2006, at Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, conducted by Ministry of Environment and Forests,Govt. of India. New Delhi and Biotech Consortium India Limited.
6. Participated in Orientation Programmeconducted by U.G.C., AcademicStaffCollege, UtkalUniversity, Bhubaneswar, from 11.01.06 to 07.02.06.
7. In House Training programme: in Atomic Spectroscopy conducted by USIC Jadavpur University on 20/01/2000
8. In House Training programme: in Electron Microscopy conducted by USIC Jadavpur University on 12/01/2000.
9. Worked on honorary basis in the field of Dispensing of Pharmaceuticals in APPOLO NMDC Hospital for four months duration, from 1/4/97 to 31/7/97
- Seminars :
- Expert Reviewer of Project Proposals for BIG proposals of Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) DBT, New Delhi.
- Reviewer of Journals: Biotechnology Reports; Elsevier, Natural Products & Resources (NISCAIR, CSIR), Chinese Integrative Medicine, Macedonian J of Medical Sciences, Frontiers in Life Sciences (Taylor & Francis), Pharmaceutical Biology (Informa), International Journal of Pharmacy & Industrial Research, Pharmaceutical and biological Evaluations, African Journal of Traditional Complimentary and Alternative Medicines.
- Participated & presented a paper (ORAL) and won third prize entitled ‘Improved production of acid protease from Bacillus korlensis strain KSS4 and impact of heavy metal induced stress on growth response and amelioration of antioxidant defense mechanism’ by Sheela Kumari Sahoo, Sabuj Sahoo in the National Seminar- “APTICON-Odisha-2017” with theme “Pharmaceutical Teaching and Research in Odisha: An Introspection” organized on 19th March, 2017 at MKCG Auditorium, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar
- Recipent of Bharat Vikas Award conferred on 10th of December, 2016 by Institute of Self Reliance towards dedicated services in Teaching.
- Awarded by Indian Drug Manufactured Association (IDMA) best Research paper in Pharmaceutical Chemistry- 2016, in Its Official journal Indian Drugs entitled “Biological evaluation of novel a-heteroaryl/arylazo 2-naphthol analogs and the transitional metal complexes derived from 4-((2-hydroxynaphthalen-1-yl) diazenyl)-1, 5-dimethyl-2-phenyl-1h-pyrazol-3(2h)-one by Sahoo J.*, Sahoo S. and Paidesetty S. K., july 2016, INDIAN DRUGS 53 (07), 15-24.
- Qualified Combined DBT All India Entrance Examinations, 1998, conducted by J.N.U., and persued M.Tech programme with Stipend granted by DBT, at Deptt. Of Life Science, Jadavpur University Kolkata.
1. Reader and Head: June 2017- June2019
2. Presently working as Reader in Bio-technology at Post Graduate Department of Biotechnology, UtkalUniversity, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar since 21.09.2015.
3. Teaching Experience: – 19 years approx. . 16 yrs PG Teaching experience.
4. Undertaken Theory & practicals and dissertation for M.Sc. M.Phil., B.Pharm & M.pharm classes Subjects taught –Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medicinal plant technology.
5. Worked as Lecturer in Bio-technology at University Dept.of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UtkalUniversity, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar since 9.12.03. Conducting theory, practicals and dissertation for B.Pharm & M.pharm classes Subject taught –Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medicinal plant technology.
- Important Activities:
1. Life Member of Indian Science Congress Association, Regd. No. L34003
2. Odisha Botanical Society, Regd. No.–4881 / 2011
3. Proteomics Society of India- Regd. No. 413, Dated: 06.05.2017
4. Society for Biotechnology and Bioinformatics- Membership Regd. No 87, Dated: 6th May, 2017
5. Life Member of APTI, Membership Regd. No. – OR-LM / 071.
6. Registered Pharmacist for life under Orissa State Pharmacy Council, vide Regd. No. 03 /9198.
- Research Projects Undertaken:
1. Sponsored project entitled Identification And Evaluation of Some Promising Anti-Diabetic Plants From Tribal-Rich Pockets of Orissa” by University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India through “UGC- MRP” Duration: 2012 to 2015 Sponsoring Agency: UGC, MRP Funds- Sanctioned: Rs. 11,00,700/-
2. Sponsored project entitled Bioprocess development of microbial l-asparginase from hot springs of odisha. and its invitro anticancer activity evaluation” All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, India through “Research Promotion Scheme” Duration- 2013-2016 Sponsoring Agency: AICTE-RPS, MRP Funds Sanctioned: Rs.11,10,000/-
3. Sponsored project entitled “molecular expression of thermostable glutaminase free l-asparaginase gene from a high yielding thermophilic isolate in e. coli: a prospective recombinant enzyme for leukaemia chemotherapy” by Biotechnology Cell, S & T Deptt., Government of Odisha Duration- 2017-2020 Sponsoring Agency: Biotechnology Cell, S & T Deptt., Government of Odisha, MRP Funds Sanctioned: Rs.9,86,000/-
- Administrative/Executive experience:
1. Convener of UGC Sponsered Skill Development Workshop for College Teachers organized by PG Department of Biotechnology on Determination of Protien Content in Biological Samples on 19th & 20th November, 2015.
2. Assigned the duties of Hostel Superintendant of Madhusudan Chhattrabas, Gents Hostel 2, since 09th of February, 2016.
3. Member of Board of Studies, Board of Conducting Examiners,
4. Member of University level NSS Advisory Committee for the year 2016-17.
5. Resource person during the skill development programme undertaken by The Placement Cell Utkal University to conduct Mock interview for Life Science students.
6. Centre superintendent for MSc Biotechnology course
7. Organised industrial visit for M.Sc. Biotech 3rd semester students to Denzong Breweries Pvt. Ltd., Khordha Industrial Estate on 27th April 2017
8. Assigned the duties of HEAD, PG Department of Biotechnology since 5th of June, 2017 till 08.06.2019..
9. Organised An Awareness Programme on BIotechnological Tools in Management of Environmental Pollution on the occasion of WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY on 5th of June, 2017 at P. G. Department of Biotechnology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
10. Member subject Research Committee in Biotechnology, Life science and Pharmacy 2016-17
11. Member Board of Studies in Biotechnology, Microbiology for the year 2016-17
12. Chairman Board of Studies in Biotechnology for the year 2017-18.
13. Member Board of Studies in Biotechnology, Microbiology for the year 2017-18
14. Member subject Research Committee in Biotechnology, Life science, Zoology and Pharmacy of Utkal University for the year 2017-18.
15. Member Board of Studies in Biotechnology of AIPH University, for the year 2017-18
16. Member Board of Studies in Biotechnology of RD Women’s University, for the year 2019-20, vide letter Biotech/ Ph.d. 277 / 2019, Dated: 05.04.2019.
17. Member Board of Studies in Biotechnology/ Biosciences of FM University, for the year 2019-20, vide letter Exam/ BOS/02/2019/5052/FMU, Dated: 22.07.2019.
18. Member of Waste/ Junk disposal committee of Utkal University.
19. Member of central squad team to supervise the smooth functioning of the +3 Examination of Utkal University.
20. Assigned the duties of Deputy Registrar (Special Cell) since 21.04.2018.
21. Member Secretary of Institutional Animal Ethics Committee constituted (IAEC), as Scientist from different biological discipline,
22. Organised An Awareness Programme and organised plantation programme on the occasion of WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY on 5th of June, 2018
23. Member of Jury in the Debate Competition.
24. Member of Local Enquiry Committee to inspect and recommend for provisional / permanent affiliation.
25. Member of University Health Users Committee.
26. Subject expert for appointment of Assistant Professor in Biotechnology, in Centurion University of Management & Technology.
27. Prepared and implemented Academic Calendar for M.Sc., M.Phil. and Pre Ph.D Course work in association with Teachers.
28. Institution of Add on course in Bioinformatics open to all M.Sc. students of University.
29. Hostel Superintendant of Madhusudan Chhattrabas, Gents Hostel 2, since 09th of February, 2016 till 08.08.2018.
30. Member of Fact finding committee designated by Controller of Examination, U.U.
31. Nodal officer of Utkal University to Odisha Legislative Assembly questions, Govt of Odisha vide 6th November 2018- July 2019.
32. Member of Technical committee & Stores officer i/c, Utkal University.
33. Officer Incharge of SC & ST Cell, Utkal University
34. Member of High Power Committee constitued by the Vice Chancellor
35. Member of Peace and security Committee.
36. Member of selection committee to shorlist candidates for shortlisting Research scholars by Govt. Of Odisha, to shorlist candidates under JRF, under, DST, Govt of Odisha Project, JRF to SRF-Inspire.
37. Member of equivalency Committee of Utkal University
38. Enquiry Officer deputed for examining charges under rule -15 of OCS (CCA) Rules-1962.
39. Member of the Technical Committee for implementation of RUSA 2.0
40. Co-Cordinator of COE-“Environment Climate Change & Public Health” Under –RUSA-2.0, since 06.12.2018.
41. Organized a Academic cum Industrial Visit for M.Sc. Biotechnology students to Denzong Breweries, Khordha, KIIT-TBI, Oxalis Pharma & Trans Asia Biologicals at Baddi, Uttaranchal.
42. Member of the committee constituted for digital launching/ digital conferencing for inaugural function of the new campus.
43. Joined as Prof. (i/c) Computer Center since 01.06.2019.
44. Member of Human Ethics Committee constituted By Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar, June 2019
45. Convener of the committee for students with disabilities since 03.08.2019
46. Member of Flying squads by The Controller of Examinations, Utkal University
47. Member of Board of Conducting Examiners for B.Pharm examinations
48. Prepared & Enriched the syllabus of M.Pharm in Biotechnology seeking the expertise of scientists and professionals of eminanace in the field of Biotechnology.
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary:
1.Convener of WB-OHEPEE sponsored National Seminar Cum Workshop on “Proteomics in Public Health” on 15th and 16th March, 2019.
2. Organised a Workshop as Convener on Advances in Biotechniques on 08.12.2018.
3. Convener of UGC Sponsered Skill Development Workshop for college Teachers organized by PG Department of Biotechnology on Estimation of Protiens, 19th-20th November, 2015.
4. Convener of UGC Sponsered Skill Development Workshop for College Teachers organized by PG Department of Biotechnology on BASIC METHODS IN PROTEOMICS on 28th & 29th March, 2017.
- ImmunoTechnology Project entitled “In Vitro Modulation of Murine Peritoneal Macrophages & Human Peritoneal Macrophages collected from Post Abortive cases and the effect by various drugs on them.” under guidance of Prof .S.Chattopadhyay, Head, Dept. of Life Science & Biotechnology.
- Done SUMMER PROJECT in IGIB CSIR Lab,Mall road, New delhi. Centre for BioChemical Technology, New-Delhi. 17th May-6th July, 99, entitled as “PhotoImmobilisation of Enzymes by Photo Affinity Linkers using ELISA-Technique” under the supervision of Dr.P.NAHAR, (Scientist – C.B.T).
- Organised Body and Organ Donation Campaign at Madhusudan Chhatrabas, (Gents Hostel- 2) Utkal University, in collaboration with NSS BUREAU, Utkal University, on 25th of September, 2016 Venue: Madhusudan Chhatrabas Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Convened Eye Screening Programme in collaboration with Lawrence & Mayo, on 28.10.2016
- Arranged an Extension lecture on Science and Spiritualism on 27.10.2016.
- Organised HEALTH CAMP (DIABETIC CAMP) and BLOOD DONATION CAMP (by order of CHAIRMAN, P.G. COUNCIL) during National Pharmacy Week during November, 2006.
- Different co-curricular activities- Conducting quiz, essay, debate, extempore, symposium and study tours
- Campus cleanliness
- Deptt. Industrial Visit, Study Tour / Picnic, Puja, Annual function of the hostel and Department
- Skill development programme
- Mock interview for life science subjects
- Science Day, World Environment day, Ozone week celebration