Name: Dr. Upali Aparajita
Qualification: M.A., Ph. D.(Utkal)
Phone No.: 9437077166
E-mail ID: upali11(at)yahoo(dot)com
- Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Development Anthropology
- Business Anthropology
- A/M.Sc. Degree Research methodology and statistics
- Principles in Development Anthropology
- Theories and Methods in Development Anthropology
- Culture and Development
- Anthropology of Organizational and Business Development
- Advanced practical in Community and Organizational Development
- Fieldwork Orientation classes for M.A /M.Sc
- Phil. Degree Indian Society and Issues of Development
- Advanced Research Methods in Social Anthropology
- Phil degree dissertation work.
- Guidance :
- MPhil Guidance:
Sl No Name of the Scholar Year of award of Degree Topic of MPhil Thesis Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words) 1 Pradyumna Kumar Das (1996-97). Development Projects and Displacement: A Case Study of the Displaced Families due to the Proposed Steel Plant at Gopalpur- 2 Rajesh Sabar (2014-2015). Cultural Marketing for the promotion of Visual Art: A Case Study of Saura Painting – 3 Srabani Behera (2007-2008). Economic Empowerment and Self Help Groups of Kondh Women – 4 Santwana Nayak (1999-2000). Advertising in the Sacred City of Puri – 5 Jagruti Patnaik (1999-2000). Rickshaw Pullers of Bhubaneswar : A Holistic Study in Relation to Their Social, Economic, Cultural, Religious and Political Life – 6 Nibedita Das (1998-99). Health Culture as an Indicator of Development: A Case Study of the Santals of Rairangpur 7 Birupakshya Dixit (1998-99). Cultural Approach to The Study of Displacement Process of the Displaced Kohlas: A Case of Nesa Dam, Mayurbhanj 8 Basant Kumar Barik (1997-98). Bhuyans and Theirs Neighbours 9 Goutam Choudhury (1996-97). A Tribal Economy and its Changing Facet: A Case Study of the Juang Village in Bansapal Block in Keonjhar District of Orissa – 10 SUKADEV TIRIYA 2019 GOVERNMENT PLANS AND SUSTAINABLE LIVELIHOOD AMONG THE PAUDI BHUIANS OF KANJIPANI VILLAGE OF KEONJHAR DISTRICT 11 Swapna Sarita Sethy 2019 CHANING LIVELIHOOD PATTERN OF MARINE FISHERMAN: A STUDY OF SANDHAKUD SLUM IN PARADEEP TOWN, JAGATSINGHPUR DISTRICT, ODISHA 12 Aiswariya Rajlaxmi Dhir Samanta 2019 SUSTAINABILITY OF FILIGRI PRODUCT IN THE EMERGING PRODUCT DIVERSIFICATION AND DESIGN: THE TARAKASI WORK OF CUTTACK, ODISHA
- PhD Guidance:
Sl No Name of the Scholar Year of award of Degree Registration No Name of the Co-guide if any Fellowship received if any during research Topic of PhD Thesis Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words) 1 Birupakshya Dixit ` 5 Arts/ Anthropology, 1999 2007 Culture-specific Rehabilitation Monitoring System: A case of Upper Indravati Project 2 Ashis Mishra ` 2 Commerce & MGT, 1993-94 2000 Cross-Cultural Marketing Decision System in Fuzzy Environment 3 Manas Ranjan Sahoo ` Continuing 01-Anth 2014-15 Cultural Perspective of Product Designs in Cuttack and Bargarh Districts of Odisha 4 Srabani Behera ` Continuing 03-Anth 2014-15 Cultural factors Affecting Micro-Enterprise in Empowering 5 Dyanadipta Panda ` Continuing 15-Bus. Admn.2009-2010 Cross-Cultural Perspectives of Human Resources Information System 6 Krishna Kumar. A ` Continuing 10-Anthropology 2016-17 Urban transformation and cultural change in the temple city of Bhubaneswar – A visual Anthropological study. 7 Prasanta Kumar Sahoo ` Continuing 08-Anthropology2016-17 Cultural Dimension in Disaster Risk Management Efeectiveness: A study of Disasters in Coastal Odisha. 8 Pollyshree Samantray ` Continuing 09- Anthropology2016-17 Indigenous Knowledge& Sustainable Development – A Study with Special Reference to Livelihood of Kutia SKondh. 9 Arabinda Routray ` Continuing 01-Anthropology-2017-18 Influence of Culture on e-Governance Adoption for Effective Public Service Delivery: A Case Study of Different Initiatives of Government of Odisha 10 Sharmista Das ` Continuing Factors Affecting Education and Socio-Economic Divergences of Transgender in the City of Bhubaneswar
- MPhil Guidance:
- Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
1 Bijaya Krushna Mangaraj, Dhyana Dipta Panda Measuring Effectiveness of Human Resource Information System in the State Bank of India Vol-IV, issue-1, ISSN-International Journal of Management Studies, 2017-18 2 27th European Conference on Operational Research at University of Strathclyde, Glasgow (UK) From Human Development Index to Human Development Effectiveness 2015-16
- National Publications:
- Product Portfolio Planning by Fuzzy Multi-criteria Stochastic 0-1 Linear Programming, Stochastic Programming for Implementation and Advanced Applications, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania,pp. 72-77, 2012.
- Media Selection Decision in a Social System: A Fuzzy Goal Programming Approach, the Journal of Academy of Business and Economics, Vol. I, No. 2. pp. 191-208, USA, 2003.
- Fuzzy Set in Product Planning Decision, Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences and Cryptography, Vol.3, No. 1-3, 2000.
- Industrialization and Protest Movements in India: An Anthropological perspective, ADIVASI 54(1 & 2), pp. 16-28, 2014.
- Monitoring Re-settlement Process in a Cultural Framework: A Case Study of Nesa Dam, Orissa, South Asian Anthropologist”, Vol-9 No.2, pp-117-127(2009).
- Socio-economic Impact Assessment for Development Programme in a Micro-Project, ADIVASI, Vol.48, No.1, pp. 38-53, 2008.
- Multi-perspective Evaluation of Community Development Programme : A Case Study For A Primitive Tribe of Orissa , Journal of Social And Economic Development , Vol 10, No.1, pp.98-126 , 2008
- Interactive Fuzzy Goal Programming in Marketing Mix Selection, Journal of Science, Technology and Management, Vol.1, No.1, pp.61-68, 2008.
- Re-Engineering Development by Human Development Approach, Man in Society,Vol-17, 2006-07.
- Marriage Customs among the Kondhs, Banaja, Journal of ATDC, 2004.
- Development Status of the Juangs through HDI, “Man in Society” Vol. 16, 2003-04.
- The Sociology of Plastic Art of a Primitive Tribal Group: Lanjia Saoras of Orissa, Man in Society, Vol. 14-15, 2001-2003.
- Government Sponsored Tribal Development: A Case Study, the Utkal Business Review, VolXVI-2003.
- Meria Festival of the Dongria Kondhs : The Worship of the Earth Goddess, Banaja, Journal of ATDC-2003.
- Ecology, Economy and Environment : Perceptions Of the Dongria Kondhs, Journal of Anthropological Survey of India , Vol. 50, No. 1-2, March-June, 2001.
- Women and Development, Man in Society, Vol. 13, 1999-2000.
- Technology in the Framework of Culture, Man in Society, Vol. 12, 1998-1999.
- Fuzzy Multi-Objective Programming in Cross-Cultural Media Selection Decision System-A Case Study, Sankalpa-Journal of Management Development & Application, Vol. VI, No. 1, 1998.
- Religion and Belief System Among the Dongria Kondhs, Man in India, Vol.75, No.4, 1995.
- Multi-Level Analysis in Integrated Resource Planning : A Case Study of the Juangs, Journal of Anthropological Survey of India, Vol. 43, No. 3 & 4, 1994.
- Political Organisation : The Institutionalisation of Tradition Among the Dongria Kondhs, Journal of Anthropological Survey of India, Vol. 42, No. 2, June 1993.
- Development Information System for Population Analysis in DKDA, Sankalpa-Journal of Management Development & Application, Vol-I, No. 2, 1993.
- Mathematical Modelling in Programme Planning and Development Process, Sankalpa – Journal of Management Development & Application, Vol-I, No. 1, 1993.
- Leadership Pattern among the Sudha Saoras, Adivasi, Vol.XXXIII, No.2, June 1988.
2 Cultural Dimension of e-Governance Effectiveness for Publication Service Delivery in Treasury Management System of Govt. Of Odisha Vol-24, ISSN-Man in Society, 2016-17 3 Manas Ranjan Sahoo Understanding Japanese Multinational Japanese Multinational Companies in India: An Anthropological Perspective Vol-24, ISSN-Man in Society, 2016-17 4 Photo Ethnography and Photo Elicitation in Visual Anthropological Research; A Discussion. Vol-24, ISSN-Man in Society, 2016-17 5 Anthropology Of Disaster Mitigation And Management, Man in Society Vol-23, ISSN-Man in Society, 2016-17 6 Consumer Culture Affects Product Design: A Discussion Vol-23, ISSN-Man in Society, 2016-17 7 Cultural Framework for Human Resource Information System Design Vol-23, ISSN-Man in Society, 2016-17 8 Urban Transformation of Cities: A Case Study of Bhubaneswar City Vol-23, ISSN-Man in Society, 2016-17 9 The Saura Painting: from Cultural Symbolism to an Aesthetic Consumer Product Vol-22, ISSN-Man in Society, 2015-16 10 Traditional Forest Collection and Community Forest Resource Right among the Kadars of Vazhachal Forest Division of Thrissur District of Kerala Vol-22, ISSN-Man in Society, 2015-16 11 Relevance of Anthropology in Indian Business Research Vol-12, issue-1-2, ISSN-0973-3116, 2016-17
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
- International Publications:
- Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Published in proceedings:
1 27th European Conference on Operational Research at University of Strathclyde, Glasgow (UK)
- Published in proceedings:
- Presented/Published in proceedings
- Product Design as a Cultural Reflexive Activity: The Indian Saris in Apparel Market, International Conference on Anthropological Perspectives and Local Approaches: Indigenous Applications in Management and Marketing, pp-119-134, Eastern China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China. 2013
- Cultural Framework for Business Anthropology, International Conference on Anthropological Perspectives and Local Approaches: Indigenous Applications in Management and Marketing, pp-39-53, Eastern China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China. 2013
- Product Portfolio Planning by Fuzzy Multi-criteria Stochastic 0-1 Linear Programming, Stochastic Programming for Implementation and Advanced Applications, 72-77, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania (2012).
- Measuring Effectiveness of E-governance Projects in a Multi-Perspective Framework, International Congress On pervasive Computing and Management, Sydney College, Australia (2008).
- Relevance of Fuzzy Logic in Contemporary Social Science Research, 7th Bigyan Congress at Bhubaneswar, pp. 30-37(2003).
- Edited Books :
- Text Books :
- Book Chapters :
Culture and Development: Dongrias of Niyamgiri, Inter-India Publications, New-Delhi, 2004.
- Measuring Effectiveness of an E-Governance System: A Human-centric Approach in “Human-centric System Design for Electronic Governance (edited by Saqib Saeed and Christopher, G. Reddick), pp. 147-170, Information Science Reference, IGI Global, USA, 2013.
- Cultural Dimension in the Future of Pervasive Computing, in “Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools and Applications”(edited by Judith Symond),Vol.II, pp. 974-992, Information Science Reference, USA, 2009.
- Cultural Dimension in the Future of Pervasive Computing, in “Risk Assessment and Management in Pervasive Computing: Operational, Legal, Ethical and Financial Perspective”( Edited by Varuna Godara). Pp.311-329, Information Science Reference, IGI Global, USA, 2009.
- Socio-Cultural Factors Affecting the Utilization of MGNREGA Scheme among the PVTGs: A Case Study of Juangs of Odisha, in “Dynamics of Development and Social Exclusion”, SDDN Publication, New Delhi (2015).
- Culture-specific Monitoring for Re-settlement Process, in “Glimpses of Tribal Societies”, Sundeep Prakashan, New Delhi (2009).
- Viewing Tribal Culture in a Simple Societal Framework, in “Glimpses of Tribal Societies”, Sundeep Prakashan, New Delhi (2009).
- Sustainable Tribal Development in the Framework of Culture and Globalisation, Edited vol. –Critical Issues in Tribal Development, THRTI, Bhubaneswar (2009).
- Culture-Specific Development of the Dongria Kondhs, Primitive Tribes in the Contemporary India, Mittal Publication, New-Delhi, 2005.
- Evaluation Tribal Development in Multi-Perspective Approach, in Tribal Health,
Culture and Development, pp. 116-125, 2004.
vii. Fuzzy Set in Product Planning Decision, Discrete Mathematics & Allied Topics, Taru
Publication & Academic Forum, New-Delhi (2002).
viii. Managing Population Growth and Cultural Relation, 2002.
- Rethinking Indian Tribal Culture in the Context of Development, Rethinking Indian Culture: Challenges and Response, Institute of Oriental and Orissan Studies, 2001.
- Development and Culture Among the Dongria Kondhs – Tribes in India – Ongoing Challenges (R.S. Mann) MD Publication Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 1996.
- Political Organization among Dongria Kondhs- Tribal Transformation in India (Buddhadev Chaudhuri), Vol.3, Inter-India Publication, New-Delhi, 1993.
xii. Development Process and Dongria Social Structure – Tribal Transformation in India in India (Buddhadev Chaudhuri), Vol. 2, Inter-India Publication, New-Delhi, 1993.
- Research Books :
Organized workshops on Skill Development Programme in Anthropology (Prospects of Japanese Language in India, and, Hands-on-Training in Biological Anthropology) in PG Department of Anthropology, Utkal University, on 29th & 30th October 2015.
- i) Srimati Nishamani Devi Memorial Gold Medal for the year 1983 for securing highest percentage of marks among the lady candidates in the B.A. Pass and Honours Annual Examination.
- ii) University Gold Medal in Anthropology for the year 1985 for standing 1st position in first class in Anthropology Examination.
iii) First Position in the Orissa Public Service Examination, 1989 for the selection of Lecturers in Anthropology Orissa Education Service.
- iv) Third level prize in the International Conference on Anthropological Perspectives and Local Approaches: Indigenous Applications in Management and Marketing, Eastern China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China, 2013.
- v) Finalist in the “Operations Research in Development” Award at the International Federations of Operational Research Societies IFORS) Conference, Spain, July-2014.
- vi) Junior College Merit scholarship (2 Years)
- Senior College Merit scholarship (2 Years)
- I.C.S.S.R. Short term Doctoral Fellowship
- Doctoral Research Fellowship from Ministry of Welfare, Govt. of India (3 Years).
- Important Activities:
- Research Projects Undertaken:
- Invited Lectures:
- Administrative/Executive experience:
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary: