Name: M/S. Sasmita Soren
Designation: Assistant Professor
Phone No.: sorensasmita2010(at)gmail(dot)com
E-mail ID: +91-8895876205
- Tribal studies
- Developmental studies
- Concepts of Sociology
- Social Change and Development
- Voluntary Sector Studies
- Rural Sociology
- MPhil Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Topic of MPhil Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
|1||APRATYASITA TRIPATHY||2018||Reproductive Health Status, Issues and Concerns: A Sociological Study of Dongoria Kondh Tribal Wome|
|2||ANKITA PATTANAIK||2017||Opportunities and Challenges of Women Entrepreneurs in Urban Set-up: A Case Study in the City of Bhubaneswar.|
- PhD Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Registration No||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
- National Publications:
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Presented/Published in proceedings:
1 Participated in two days international seminar on “Socio-Economic Scenario in India & Mainstreaming the Aam Admi” held on 3rd and 4th march 2014 in P.G. Deptt. of Social Science, Fakir Mohan University, Balasore.
- Edited Books :
- Text Books :
- Book Chapters :
1 Mohapatra, Bishnuprasad and Soren Sasmita (2019) Agencies of Gender and Development: New Emerging Structure and Goal pp.175-193 in Aditya Kesari Mishra and Sagarika Mishra edt. Contemporary Gender Discourse, ISBN: 978-81-9375-139-8
- Research Books :
1 Participated in training programme on Combating Violence Against Women and Girls organised by School of Women’s Study in collaboration with NIPCCD, Guwahati from 24th to 28th June 2019.
2 Completed in refresher course on” Gender Currents of the 21st Century: A Reflection” from 20th August 2018 to 09th September 2018.
3 Participated in two days workshop on “Design and Development of Curriculum for Rural Management” organized by Department of Sociology and NCRI, Hyderabad, on 11th and 12th April,2018
4 Completed UGC sponsored one week short term course on “Stress Management” organised by HRDC, Utkal University, during 20th-25th July 2017.
5 Participated in the ICSSR sponsored 10 days workshop organized by Utkal University, during 1-11 May,2017.
6 Participated in the training programme sponsored by Department of science and Technology, Government of India, on “Geospatial Technologies” organized by SCDC and department of Geology, Utkal University, during October 18-20, 2016
7 Participated in the ICSSR sponsored national workshop on “Research Methodology for Research Scholar in Social Science” organized by BIMTECH, BBSR, during April 4-8, 2016.
1 Presented a paper at National Seminar organized by the P.G. Department of Sociology, Vikram Deb Autonomous College, Jeypore on Industrialization and Local Sustainability during 02-03 March 2019
2 Presented a paper in seminar on ‘Regimes of Gender in Contemporary Globalization’ at Presidency University, Kolkata held on 28th January 2019.
3. Presented a paper in two days national seminar on “Gender Discrimination in Rural Labour Market in India” held on 28th and 29th march 2017 in Deptt. of Economics, Ravenshaw University.
4. Presented a paper in the UGC sponsored national seminar on “Industrialization, Social Exclusion and The Rights of Indigenous People” organized by Department of Sociology, Sambalpur University, during 26th and 27th March 2017.
5. Participated in the seminar on “Sociology of Sanitation” organised by Department of Sociology and Sulabh International on 12th January 2017
6. Participated in Seventh lndian Youth Science Congress held on 26th and 28th march 2016 at KIIT University.
7. Participated in one day departmental seminar on “Social Exclusion in India: Policy Option & Management” held on 3rd march 2016 organized by Center for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, Utkal University.
8. Participated in two days national seminar on “Political Economy under Globalization with Special Reference to Odisha” held on 29th and 30th march 2014 in P.G. Deptt. of Social Science, Fakir Mohan University, Balasore.
9. Participated in two days national seminar on “Natural Disaster and its Mitigation” held on 15th and 16th march 2014 in P.G. Deptt. of Environmental Science, Fakir Mohan University, Balasore.
10 Participated in two days international seminar on “Socio-Economic Scenario in India & Mainstreaming the Aam Admi” held on 3rd and 4th march 2014 in P.G. Deptt. of Social Science, Fakir Mohan University, Balasore.
- UGC NET and JRF award on 2012
- Important Activities:
- Research Projects Undertaken:
- Invited Lectures:
- Administrative/Executive experience:
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary: