Name: Mr. Subrat Kumar Naik
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.A., MPhil,(Utkal)M.A., M. Phil. Anthropology,( Utkal)
Phone No.: 8895238880
E-mail ID: sbrtnk(at)gmail(dot)com
- Archaeological and Palaeocultural Anthropology
- Prehistoric and Protohistoric Archaeology
- Field Techniques and Methods in Prehistoric Archaeology
- Palaeolithic Archaeology
- Archaeology of Odisha
- Experimental Archaeology
- In M. A. /M.Sc. Level: General Papers: Archaeological Anthropology (ANTH -C-3), General Practical: Prehistoric Archaeology and Museology (ANTH -C-10), Special papers (under Group- ‘C’: Archaeological and Palaeocultural Anthropology – Specialization): Principles and Methods in Prehistoric Archaeology (ANTH-CE-C1), Prehistoric Archaeology and Palaeoanthropology of Africa and Europe (ANTH-CE-C2), Field Techniques and Methods in Prehistoric Archaeology (ANTH-CE-C3), Archaeology of Odisha (ANTH-AE-1C), Prehistory and Protohistory of Eastern India and South-East Asia (ANTH-CE-C4, Advanced Practical in Prehistoric Archaeology (ANTH-CE-C5), Fieldwork and Dissertation (ANTH-CE-C6). In M. Phil. Level: Special papers (under Group- ‘C’: Archaeological and Palaeocultural Anthropology – Specialization): Methods and Issues in Archaeological Anthropology (Paper 102, Gr.-C), Practical: Archaeological Surveying and Analysis of Antiquity (Paper 201, Gr.-C), Fieldwork and Dissertation (Paper 202, Gr.-C)
- Guidance :
- MPhil Guidance:
Sl No Name of the Scholar Year of award of Degree Topic of MPhil Thesis Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)
- PhD Guidance:
Sl No Name of the Scholar Year of award of Degree Registration No Name of the Co-guide if any Fellowship received if any during research Topic of PhD Thesis Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)
- MPhil Guidance:
- Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
- National Publications:
- D. Sahoo and S.K.Naik, Stone Age Cultures around Ghantikhala Area, Cuttack District, Coastal Odisha, Man in Society, Vol. 20:56-80. (ISSN-2347-1530) The Journal of Anthropology Department UtkalUniversity, Bhubaneswar, 2013. (Published)
2 Subrat Kumar Naik Cultural Museum: A Repository of Ethnographic Specimens, Department of Anthropology ,Utkal University, Odisha 2019-20 3 Subrat Kumar Naik,Daitari Sahoo,Sasmita Nayak Archaeological Investigation In and Around Raruan, Northern Odisha 2019-20 4 S. K Naik, D. Sahoo and S. Nayak Prehistoric Cultural Relics Around Raruan, District Mayurbhanj 2018-19 5 S. K Naik, S.B Ota, S.G Deo, R. Kumar and V. Mishra: “ Lithic Artefact Scatter as Post-depositional Disturbance Processes at Pilidhani Acheulian Locality, Madhya Pradesh: Influence of Slope Gradient and Sediment Composition on Artefact Size, Weight and Distribution, 2013-14
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
- Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Edited Books :
- Text Books :
- Book Chapters :
- Research Books :
1 Successfully completed the 21 days Refresher Course organized by HRDC, Utkal University on the topic “ Understanding Tribes in the Neo- Liberal Era ” from 03rd December – 23rd December 2018 2 Presented paper on the topic “Prehistoric Cultural Relics Around Raruan, District Mayurbhanj” in the Workshop on “South Asian Prehistory and Lithic Studies” organised by Sharma Centre for Heritage Education, Chennai, from 23rd – 29th January 2018 3 Co-coordinated on the Workshop – cum – Exhibition on “ Brass and Bell Metal Craft Traditions of Odisha” organised by P.G. Department of Anthropology, UGC- Centre of Advanced Study, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, from 14th – 16th November 2017 4 Participated in the one day workshop on Anthropological Data Analysis using “R” Software on 25th October 2017 organised by P.G Department of Anthropology, Utkal University 5 Successfully completed the 28 days Orientation Course organized by HRDC, Utkal University on the topic “ Capacity Building in Higher Education” from 18th August – 14th September 2017 6 Participated on the workshop on Skill Development in Documentation of Cultural Heritage from 15th – 16th March 2017 at P.G Department of Anthropology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Workshop on “Training Programme on Tribal Language Studies” conducted by Central Institute of Indian Languages, Ministry of Human Resourses Development, Govt. of India and SCSTRTI Govt. of Orissa, Bhubaneswar from 23rd to 27th February 2004.
- Workshop on “Conservation of Ethnographic Specimens” organised by Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya, Bhopal in collaboration with Dept. of Anthropology (CAS), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar from 3rd – 8th December 2012.
- Workshop on “Skeletal Remains of Harirajpur, Odisha” organised by Dept. of Anthropology (CAS), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar from 12th – 18th March 2013.
- Workshop on “Consultation with students for Inputs into the Formulation of the Odisha state policy for girl child and women” sponsored by Women and Child Development, Govt. Of Odisha, organised by Utkal University, on 20th November 2013.
- Workshop on “Conservation of Ethnographic Specimens” organised by Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya, Bhopal in collaboration with Dept. of Anthropology (CAS), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar from 29th November – 5th December 2013.
- Training-cum- Refresher course on “Geospatial technologies” under Natural Resources Data Management System (NRDMS) of DST Government of India, New Delhi, sponsored by the Department of Sceince and Technology, Govt. Of India, New Delhi, Organised by Socio Cultural Development Centre (SCDC), Odisha from 10th – 30th December 2013.
- Workshop on “Skeletal Remains of Bang, Harirajpur, Odisha” organised by Dept. of Anthropology (CAS), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar from 24th – 30th March 2014.
- Day long workshop on “Heritage Conservation at Sari Deul” organised by Archaeological Survey of India, Bhubaneswar Circle, on 21st November 2014 as part of World Heritage Week Celebration.
- Seminar, Conference, Symposia Attended: 4 (Four)
- Attended a National seminar on the topic “Tribal Development in India: Issues and Challenges” dated 30th – 31st March 2004 organised by Department of Special Assistance (DSA), P G Department of Anthropology, Utkal University.
- Attended the National seminar on “Globalisation, Culture and Development” dated 29th – 30th March 2006 organised by Department of Special Assistance (DSA), P G Dept. Of Anthropology, Utkal University.
- Participated in the National Seminar on “Researches on Acheulian Culture in India : Issues, Trends and Challenges” (Robert Bruce Foote Commemoration Seminar on the 8-9thNovember, 2013) to commemorate the 150 years of discovery of First Prehistoric Artefact in India by Robert Bruce Foote, organized by Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya, Bhopal, P G Department of Anthropology, Utkal University and Sambalpur University at Bhubaneswar.
- Attended the Indian Anthropology Congress 2015 (12th INCAA Congress) on the theme “Tribal Transformations In Contemporary India: Issues And Challenges” under the auspices of The Indian National Confederation and Academy of Anthropologists (INCAA) organized by Department of Anthropology (CAS), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Lalit Kala Akademi (National Academy of Arts), New Delhi, Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribes Research & Training Institute (SCSTRTI), Government of Odisha, Bhubaneswar on 22nd – 23rd February 2015.
2 Presented paper on the topic “ Departmental Anthropology Museum, Utkal University: At a Glance” in the National Seminar on Ethnographic Museums in India: Contribution, Representation and Future Possibilities organized by Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya, Bhopal from 28th – 30th July 2019 3 Presented paper on the topic “Archaeological Investigation In and Around Raruan, Northern Odisha” in the National Seminar on ” Recent Trends in Ethnoarchaelogical Reseach in India” during 20-21, February, 2019 at Government College (Autonomous) Bhawanipatna 4 Presented paper on the topic “Stone Age Industries around Ghantikhala Area, Odisha, India”. In the National Seminar on “Tribal Situations with special Reference to Eastern India” organised by Department of Anthropology in collaboration with PRC Bhubaneswar MOHFW GoI and IGRMS, Bhopal GoI. 28th – 30th March 2018 5 Poster Presentation on the Topic “Prehistoric Cultural Relics Around Raruan, District Mayurbhanj. In the National Seminar on “Reaching the Unreached Through Science and Technology” organised by Indian Science Congress Association Bhubaneswar Chapter and KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, 17th – 18th December,2017
- Teaching: 6 years
- Important Activities:
1 Co-coordinated the Workshop – cum – Exhibition on “ Brass and Bell Metal Craft Traditions of Odisha” organised by P.G. Department of Anthropology, UGC- Centre of Advanced Study, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, from 14th – 16th November 2017 2 Engaged as field investigator in the research project “Indigenous Healing Practices Among the Savaras of Coastal Odisha” approved under Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS) P G Dept. Of Anthropology, Utkal University for the period of two months and twenty days 3 I have worked as an Excavator under Archaeological Survey of India, Bhopal Circle, India, in the Palaeolithic site of Tikoda in the Raisen district of Madhya Pradesh for Three seasons from 2011-13
- Research Projects Undertaken:
- Invited Lectures:
- Administrative/Executive experience:
1 Assistant Superintendent of Gents Hostel –V (Nilakantha Chatrabas) 2 Programme Officer NSS – for Gents Hostel- V(Nilakantha Chatrabas)
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary: