Welcome, Department. of Biotechnology
- 100% placement of the M.Sc. passed out students in Research Institutes/ Universities/ IITs and Biotech R&D sectors.
- 80% students qualified in National level test conducted by Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL) for industrial training programme.
- 60% students qualified National level tests (NET/GATE/DBT JRF/ICMR JRF)
- In last two academic sessions, the M.Sc. Biotechnology toppers are from our Department and they have activated their DST-INSPIRE fellowship in National Institutes.
- Abinash Dutta, Research Scholar, P.G. Department of Biotechnology, Utkal University won the Best Paper Presentation Award in the National Symposium on Recent Advances in Beneficial Insects organized by Society for Advancement of Natural Resins and Gums (SANRAG) and Indian Institute of Natural Resins and Gums, Ranchi during November 27-29, 2013.
- Department has published several research papers in peer reviewed journal of International repute which are also cited by other Scientists globally. During the above period, Department has also published 24 abstracts in the proceedings of National/International symposia/seminars.
- Bamdeb Patra, who was working as Research Scholar in the P.G. Department of Biotechnology, Utkal University was selected and participated in Indo-US Cytometry workshop organised by Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar.
- Department has organised National Symposium on “Emerging trends in Biotechnology: Present scenario and future dimensions” on 29th and 30th March, 2014