Welcome to Utkal University
UNIVERSITY COMPUTER CENTRE( ESTD.-1971)
ACTIVITIES OF COMPUTER CENTRE :
- Preparation of monthly salary for all the University Employees.
- Preparation of monthly pension of all the pensioners/family pensioners of this University.
- Imparting training to the Teaching and Nonteaching staff of the University.
- To provide assistance to students of different P.G. Departments and sponsored courses for using computers
- Calculation and maintenance of G.P.F. Accounts of the staff of the University.
- To provide computational facilities to the faculty members and Research Scholars of the University.
- Extending the laboratory facilities to the students of different sponsored programme.
- Extending the facility to different recruiters for online examination for campus selection.
- Calculating Income tax of employees of this university.
- Maintaining NKN network across the campus.
- Actively associated with the Library Automation and maintained the library database..
- Maintained the wired and wireless network across the campus.
The Equipements available at the centre are as follows :
- Five Servers
- Forty Desktops
- Two Laptopa
- Two L3 Switchs
- Fifty Eight L2 Switch installed across the campus
- Thirty Wi-Fi indoor and outdoor access point across the campus
- Two Firewalls
- Two Routers
- Line Matrix Printer:- 1 No.
- Laser Printer:- 1 No.
- Xerox cum Printer & Scanner:- 1 No.
- Scanner:- 1 No.
- NAS-1 No. <O-1 No. for backup.
- External HDD:-1 No.
- Overhead Projector:- 1 No.
- Windows 2012 Server
- window 10,8.1&7
- Microsoft Office
- Visual Studio.
- SQL SERVER
Rules for use of Computer Centre:
- Users are not allowed without identity card and necessary permission from Head of the Department and System Manager.
- Users are required to use this Centre only during the time allotted to them.
- They are not allowed beyond the time allotted to them.
- Making disturbances in some form or other inside the Computer Centre is strictly prohibited. Users have to maintain discipline during their stay in the Computer Centre.
- Every user has to sign the Logbook and make necessary entries in space provided.
- Users have to bear with the staff of the Computer Centre during power failure and other such condition.
- The users who disturb others or do not obey the rules shall be debarred from the use of Computer Centre.
Computer Centre remains open from 10 AM to 6 PM on every working days. Second Saturday is a holiday.