Archaeology and Ethnography
Archaeology of Orissa (2 Vols.). Edited by K. K. Basa & P. Mohanty, (Delhi, 2000)
- Anthropology for Archaeology. Edited by S.R. Walimbe, P.P.Joglekar and K. K. Basa, (Pune, 2007).
- Recent Research Trends in South Asian Archaeology.Edited by K. Paddayya, P.P. Joglekar, K. K. Basa & R. Sawant (Pune 2009)
- Megalithic Traditions in India (2 vols.) Edited by K. K. Basa, R. K.. Mohanty and S.B. Ota. (IGRMS, Bhopal and Aryan Books International, New Delhi: 2015)
- Understanding Heritage:Role of Museums. Edited by S. K. Ghosh Maulik & K. K. Basa (Bhubaneswar 2001).
- Museology: A Comprehensive Bibliography and Webliography. Edited by K. K. Basa, Mohd. Rehan & Ravindra Gupta (Bhopal &New Delhi, 2007).
- Multiple Heritage: Role of Specialised Museums in India. Edited by K. K. Basa (Bhopal & New Delhi, 2010).
- Tribes and Analogous Peoples in India - contemporary issues. Edited by B.F. Kulirani, K.K. MIsra and K.K. Basa (Anthropological Survey of India, 2015)
- N.Srinivas: The Man and His Work. Edited by P.K. Misra, K.K. Basa & H.K. Bhat (Jaipur, 2007).
- Intangible Cultural Heritage of Assam. Edited by K. K. Basa & B. Medhi (Bhopal & Delhi, 2008)
- Plural Nature of Anthropology. Edited by A.K. danda, K.K. Basa & K.K. Misra (Kolkata, 2012).
- Anthropological Impact Assessment of Development Initiatives. Edited by A.K. Danda, K.K. Basa & K.K. Misra (INCAA, Jhargram, 2012).
- Basa, KK (2015). Mortuary practices and Megalithic traditions of the Gadabas and Paraja: an ethno-archaeological study. In: Megalithic Traditions in India (Vol.-2, pp. 751-770) Edited by K. K. Basa, R. K.. Mohanty and S.B. Ota. (IGRMS, Bhopal and Aryan Books International, New Delhi: 2015).
- Basa, KK, SB Ota and RM Nayal (2015). Museum and Megaliths – an air display in Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya, Bhopal. In: Megalithic Traditions in India (Vol.-2, pp. 795-801) Edited by K. K. Basa, R. K.. Mohanty and S.B. Ota. (IGRMS, Bhopal and Aryan Books International, New Delhi: 2015).
- Sahoo, D. and K. K. Basa, 2013, Neolithic- Chalcolithic Cultures of Odisha: An Overview. In Book “Neolithic- Chalcolithic Cultures of Eastern India”. (ISBN: 978-81-910635-1-6) pp.173-200 (Chapter-9) (Edited by Dr. K.N. Dikshit, Indian Archaeological Society), New Delhi. 2013
- Traditional Salt Making among the Meiteis of Manipur: A study on Intangible Cultural Heritage. In: Traditional Knowledge System and Technology in India (edited by B.K. Mohanta & V.K. Singh) 91-109
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya (National Museum of mankind): A Museum with a difference.(jointly with G.Jayaprakashan). In Multiple Heritage: Role of Specialized Museums in India Edited by K.K.Basa, IGRMS, Bhopal & Serials Publications, New Delhi,2010, (pp.277-98).
- Archaeology and Beyond: A perspective on Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya , Bhopal. In Recent Research Trends in South Asian Archaeology, edited by K. Paddayya, P.P. Joglekar, K.K. Basa and R. Sawant, Deccan College, Pune, (pp.419-32) (2009).
- Intangible Cultural Heritage of Assam: An Introduction. In Intangible Cultural Heritage of Assam, Edited by K.K.Basa and Birinchi Medhi, Prativa Prakashan, Delhi (2008).
- Anthropological Perspectives in Archaeology: Some Examples from India, In Anthropology for Archaeology, Proceedings of the Professor Irawati Karve Birth Centenary Seminar, edited by S.R. Walimbe, P.P. Jogalekar and K.K. Basa, Deccan College, Pune (pp.113-138) (2007).
- Srinivas and National Museum of Mankind, In M.N. Srinivas- The Man and His Work edited by P.K. Misra, K.K. Basa and H.K. Bhat, IGRMS, Bhopal and Rawat Publications, Jaipur, (pp.63-76) (2007).
- Odisaro Pratanatta: Eko Itihastattiko Vishleshana (in Oriya) In Parmananda Parikrama (A collection of Parmananda Memorial Letures), edited by Birendra Nayak, The Freelancers, Bhubaneswar (pp. 85-116) (2006).
- Neolithic and Post-neolithic cultures of Orissa: an overview. In (pp. 9-31) S Pradhan (ed.) Orissa: History, Culture and Archaeology. New Delhi: D.K. Printworld (1999).
- Archaeological Investigations on the Coast of Chilika Lake. In (pp. 75-82) S. Pradhan (ed.) Orissa: History, Culture and Archaeology. (Jointly with P. Mohanty and J. Mishra) (1999).
- Indo-Roman Trade. In (pp. 15-26) K.S. .Behera (ed.) Maritime Heritage of India. New Delhi: Aryan Books (1999).
- Early Trade in the Indian Ocean: Perspectives on Indo-Southeast Asian Maritime Contacts (c. 400 BC - AD 500). In (pp. 29-71) K.S. Behera (ed.) Maritime Heritage of India (1999).
- Tribal cultures of Orissa and their implications for archaeology. In (pp.27-55) S.K. Sethi and S. Pani (ed.) Tribal Culture of Orissa. Bhubaneswar (1998).
- Cultural Relations Between Orissa and Southeast Asia: an archaeological perspective. In (pp. 730-41) P.K. Mishra (ed.) Comprehensive History and Culture of Orissa (1997).
- Archaeological Approaches and Ethnographic Models for Trade and Exchange: A Critical Study. Eastern Anthropologist 49(2): 109-38 (1996).
- Archaeological heritage. In (pp. 18-45) P.K. Mishra (ed.) Comprehensive History and Culture of Orissa. New Delhi: Kaveri Books (1995).
- Problems and Perspectives in Orissan Prehistoric Archaeology. In (pp. 229-40) A. Datta, A.K. Ghosh and C. Margabandhu (eds.) India at the Dawn of History. Delhi: Agam Kala Prakashan (1995).
- Early Historic Glass Beads in Thailand and Peninsular Malaysia. In (pp. 85-102) I.C. Glover (ed.) Southeast Asian Archaeology 1990. Hull: University of Hull (1992).
- Anthropological Perspectives in Archaeology. In Plural Nature of Anthropology, Edited by A.K.Danda, K.K.Basa and K.K. MIshra, Indian Anthropological Society, Kolkata, (pp.305-50)
- Prehistory of Orissa. In Imaging Orissa, edited by Hermann Kulke, Nibedita Mohanty, Gaganendra Nath Dash & Dinanath Pathy (2013).
- Neolithic and Chalcolithic Culture of Odisha: An Overview. In Neolithic Cultures of India, edited by K.N.Dixit (jointly with D.Sahoo), Indian Archaeological society, New Delhi (pp-173-183) (2013).
- Comment on the paperAn Enogma called Kumar Suresh Singh, by P. K. Misra. The Indian Journal of Anthropology 1(1): 97-99 (2013).
- Museum as a Facilitator of Education. In Museum Education edited by Manvi Seth and Carol Reed (no date, in press)).
- K. K. Basa and D. Sahoo, (nd.), Neolithic Cultures of Odisha: Issues, Problems and Prospects. Sent in Sept.2014 for publication in the Forthcoming Volume (Edited by Department of Anthropology, Calcutta University), Calcutta.
- Presented a paper on Situating Odisha’s Cultural Interactions with Greece and China in the International Seminar on Cross Civilisational Interactions in Antiquity: India, Iran, Greece, and China during 7-9th January, 2015 held in Delhi