Alert : Javascript is disabled. To View this Website, Please Enable Your Browser's Javascript...

~~Notices~~:

Welcome, Department. of Geology


Department of Geology

The Department of Geology, Utkal University was founded in 1954. The P.G. faculty of Geology, set up in 1956 is the oldest of its kind in Utkal University. From 1954 to 1977, it functioned within the campus of the Ravenshaw College, Cuttack in a massive building constructed out of generous funds contributed by the Kalinga Foundation, the Odisha State Government and the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India. In 1977, the P.G. teaching section was shifted to Vani Vihar at Bhubaneswar, the campus of the Utkal University. The present two-storied building of the department with a plinth area of 850 m2 was constructed out of U.G.C grant and financial contribution made by Orissa Mining Corporation and came into existence in 1983. The auditorium and the museum of the department have been renovated and furnished by the Alumni Association and Tata Steel respectively.

Vision

To attain excellence in teaching and research in the areas of Geosciences and to promote the Department of Geology as one of the most sought after destinations for Geoscience education in the country

Mission

  • To create and develop new knowledge in the field of geosciences and impart expertise in various field of geosciences.
  • To provide extensive training for developing confidence and producing globally competent professionals
  • To encourage creativity, passion for nature and science.
  • To enrich the students with safe and ethical professional behavior.
  • To provide state of art infrastructure and favorable environment for students and faculty.
  • To create awareness in the society on different geological hazards.